What's new

The Fisherman: Downtown Mystic, CT

D-B-J

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Joined
Apr 13, 2010
Messages
9,027
Reaction score
2,175
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I love Mystic. It's one of my favorite locations in Southeastern CT. I spent the afternoon(well, after work) paddle-boarding up and down the river, and then the evening photographing the bridge.


The Fisherman by f_one_eight, on Flickr


Cheers!
Jake

P.S., Thoughts on the watermark/logo? Braineack made it for me, and I'm not sure if I've positioned it correctly, opacity, etc. Should I use just the logo?
 
Nice! What ND and how long was the exposure?
 
Nice. I like the "ghost." If it were mine, I'd crop off a sliver more off the left to get rid of that bit of whatever on the bottom left - it's a bit distracting.
But that's just a niggle. Well done!

Haven't been to Mystic in a while. I think I might need a road trip soon.
 
Nice shot! That's a very interesting-looking bridge.

The 11mm lens is giving a bit of a pinched perspective distortion to the buildings -- but easily remedied in Photoshop ("Lens Distortion" tool).

The watermark seems appropriately sized for the version I see in the browser as long as I don't enlarge. If I do click the image to see the larger version then the watermark scales up right along with it -- at which point the watermark seems to big and distracting. Also the fact that it's color on a B&W image tends to really pull the attention to it.
 
Nice shot and exposure.The water mark looks good to me and the placement. Mystic is not far from me, under an hour depending traffic.I have not been there in years and need to make a aquarium visit and cruse around the town.
 
Nice! What ND and how long was the exposure?

The sun behind the bridge was quite hot, so I was using a 2-stop reverse GND, a 1 stop soft nd, and the 10 stop "big stopper." I think this exposure was around a minute fifteen.

Jake


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Nice. I like the "ghost." If it were mine, I'd crop off a sliver more off the left to get rid of that bit of whatever on the bottom left - it's a bit distracting.
But that's just a niggle. Well done!

Haven't been to Mystic in a while. I think I might need a road trip soon.

I wasn't sure whether or not to get rid of it. I'll fix that!

Jake


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Nice shot! That's a very interesting-looking bridge.

The 11mm lens is giving a bit of a pinched perspective distortion to the buildings -- but easily remedied in Photoshop ("Lens Distortion" tool).

The watermark seems appropriately sized for the version I see in the browser as long as I don't enlarge. If I do click the image to see the larger version then the watermark scales up right along with it -- at which point the watermark seems to big and distracting. Also the fact that it's color on a B&W image tends to really pull the attention to it.

I think that's why it bothered me. The color stuck out a bit too much for me.

Jake


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Nice shot and exposure.The water mark looks good to me and the placement. Mystic is not far from me, under an hour depending traffic.I have not been there in years and need to make a aquarium visit and cruse around the town.

Definitely worth the visit[emoji106]

Jake


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Nice. We've been there a few times - always looking for an opportunity to go back up that direction.
 
Nice. We've been there a few times - always looking for an opportunity to go back up that direction.

Make sure to get some tea from the spice and tea exchange, and a coffee from bartleby's.

Jake


Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
 
Will do.

I think I took this to the right, across the street.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom