A quiet spring evening

nerwin

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
nickerwin.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I don't typically bring my camera with me when I walk on this path because I mainly do it for exercise (I usually run it) but since I already went for a run earlier in the day I decided I'd just take a nice evening stroll and brought my camera along. Didn't take too many pictures but I ended up with this shot that I'm proud of.

Fujifilm XT2 + 18-55
f/9, 1/500th, ISO 200

Wander
by Nicholas Erwin, on Flickr

I wish there was more in the sky, maybe the framing could have been opposite with more grass in it. But I still love the composition.

Great Work!
I like the composition.

Nice image. I tend to agree with Breezy85 that it would be nice if there was more in the sky, i.e., clouds. I would be tempted to cut down on the amount of sky and raise the "horizon" (top of the hills) to the top third of the image.

WesternGuy

Unfortunately, I have no control over the clouds.

Also, I composed it this way for a reason. Mostly because of the two paths and also if I showed more of the grass, there would've been distractions like bushes and other vegetation that I was trying to avoid to get a cleaner look.

Gorgeous colors. Nicely captured. Possibly could have been cropped as a 16x9 with less sky showing but then everyone would be critical of having the horizon in the center...

Gorgeous colors. Nicely captured. Possibly could have been cropped as a 16x9 with less sky showing but then everyone would be critical of having the horizon in the center...

Can't win! Haha :) As they say art is subjective.

Last edited:
I think you won and should leave it. I love it for the large areas of colour and its simplicity.

Also, I composed it this way for a reason. Mostly because of the two paths and also if I showed more of the grass, there would've been distractions like bushes and other vegetation that I was trying to avoid to get a cleaner look.

I really like the shot. Don't get me wrong. I know there's no control over the clouds, that's why I said I wish there was more in the sky. However I love the color and composition.

If it were my shot (and I'm a little OCD), I would have brought the horizon up passed the middle more, and any unwanted vegetation in the grass I would retouch out making more emphasis on the two paths.

Yes, having no controls over the clouds is a universal problem - I have it all the time. :biggrin-93:

I wouldn't have changed the bottom part of the image, all I would have done is cut the sky off about 2 inches above the tall tree on the right side of the image, giving less sky and leaving the "vegetation" part the way it is, but that is just me. It is your art and almost everyone will have a different insight in to what they would have done with the image. We artists are picky people most of the time. Your art - your way.

WesternGuy

This is very nice.

But, (the big but), to emphasis the convergence of the two paths, maybe getting lower and filling more of the frame with grass. As the image is presented now, it is about the sky with the pathways taking a secondary consideration. A significant cropping the sky will change the viewing emphasis to the grass (if that is what you want).

Most reactions

Back