A quirky slice of life in Lisbon, Portugal

michael9000000

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
$IMG_1074.jpg

C&C is welcome and appreciated!

Cool photo! LOL!! Lisbon is a great place for photos! I'm on USS Enterprise...we stopped there last year. Lisbon is actually where I first thought about getting into photography. I must have shot a thousand photos with my pocket camera and they all looked terrible. That's when I decided to get into it. Have fun! ....what ship are you on? I see your location so I assume you're in the navy...

EllaElla said:
Cool photo! LOL!! Lisbon is a great place for photos! I'm on USS Enterprise...we stopped there last year. Lisbon is actually where I first thought about getting into photography. I must have shot a thousand photos with my pocket camera and they all looked terrible. That's when I decided to get into it. Have fun! ....what ship are you on? I see your location so I assume you're in the navy...

I was on the USS Enterprise last year, on that same awful deployment! It's a small Navy, isn't it? I'm at Naval Station Norfolk now. By any chance, are you a member of the Chief's Mess?

Whoaa! Small navy for sure! No, I'm not a Chief. Maybe a few more years. I'm a LS2. Where on the ship did you work?

EllaElla said:
Whoaa! Small navy for sure! No, I'm not a Chief. Maybe a few more years. I'm a LS2. Where on the ship did you work?

I'm not a Chief either... I'm a CS1... I asked about the Chief's Mess because I was the LPO down there, running the galley operation... We were in the same department... Weird... We've probably met, or at least heard of each other...

The window frame being clipped hurts this picture.

Here the original photo SOOC... I intentionally framed the bra in the center to provide maximum cropping possibilities... I'd like to see what you do with it...

$IMG_1074.jpg

Perhaps a little more dramatic?

img1074llll.jpg

Funny ...

I played with it too and also came up with a square crop. I think I like yours better though.
I went to the other side of the window the get the drain pipe in the shot.

Perhaps a little more dramatic?

Funny ...

I played with it too and also came up with a square crop. I think I like yours better though.
I went to the other side of the window the get the drain pipe in the shot.
Much nicer. More color and contrast. Window not cut off at the bottom. The red bra (I assume the subject) stands out much better.

HughGuessWho said:
Much nicer. More color and contrast. Window not cut off at the bottom. The red bra (I assume the subject) stands out much better.

I like the edit... It's a totally different tone... I do prefer my original post, but that probably has to do with the fact that I was there and took the photo... I wasn't feeling any drama at all that day... In fact, I remember feeling very carefree... The red bra kinda struck my mood... Plus, I was fond of the ivy creeping up the pipe.

Thanks for the feedback!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back