What's new

A recent picture. C&C please.

thebeatles

TPF Noob!
Joined
Oct 30, 2007
Messages
800
Reaction score
1
Location
pennsylvania
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Kind of weird but I like it. Any advice would be helpful.

Thanks!

1.jpg
 
I like it - but the cattails in the foreground look very dark. It looks like the camera metered on them and the sun is blown out because of it.

Try a composite image - shoot two pictures, identical, except adjust it so that it meters for the sky in one shot and the foreground in the other - then combine them in PS.
 
Lens flair to the sun. That is why it has a halo around it.
 
Thanks for the tips. I will post some different takes on that idea and hopefully get some more constructive advice.
 
I like it - but the cattails in the foreground look very dark. It looks like the camera metered on them and the sun is blown out because of it.

Try a composite image - shoot two pictures, identical, except adjust it so that it meters for the sky in one shot and the foreground in the other - then combine them in PS.

Good idea! I shot this out of a parked car with a point and shoot so it would be hard for me to do the composite idea, however, this convinces me to buy a tripod so I can take multiple shots with different settings in the same location:lol:
 
Is this any better? I am still clueless when it comes to the rules of photography but is this similar to what you were suggesting? Thanks again

:D

2.jpg
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom