A recent picture. C&C please.

thebeatles

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Kind of weird but I like it. Any advice would be helpful.

Thanks!

1.jpg

I like it - but the cattails in the foreground look very dark. It looks like the camera metered on them and the sun is blown out because of it.

Try a composite image - shoot two pictures, identical, except adjust it so that it meters for the sky in one shot and the foreground in the other - then combine them in PS.

Thanks for the tips. I will post some different takes on that idea and hopefully get some more constructive advice.

I like it - but the cattails in the foreground look very dark. It looks like the camera metered on them and the sun is blown out because of it.

Try a composite image - shoot two pictures, identical, except adjust it so that it meters for the sky in one shot and the foreground in the other - then combine them in PS.

Good idea! I shot this out of a parked car with a point and shoot so it would be hard for me to do the composite idea, however, this convinces me to buy a tripod so I can take multiple shots with different settings in the same location:lol:

Is this any better? I am still clueless when it comes to the rules of photography but is this similar to what you were suggesting? Thanks again

:D

2.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back