What's new

A recipe for you.....

Frequency

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Joined
Oct 17, 2010
Messages
8,864
Reaction score
683
Location
Calicut, Kerala,India
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Today evening (2 hours earlier) i was busy in kitchen... ;)
I was working on a dish
I am going to give an illustrated recipe now


#1: I started with these much of vegetables-Brinjals, potatoes and capsicum




#2: These were the other ingredients: 3 tea-spoon full Kashmir chilli powder, 1 tea spoon full turmeric powder; some chicken masala, some coriander powder and 2.5 tea spoon full common salt, some coriander leaves and curry leaves; a cup full of sun flower oil; also some mustard seeds







#3: chopped the vegetables this way





#4: Take the chopped vegetables in a pressure cooker; add half a glass of water; let two whistle of steam to pass out




#5: Add all the powders mentioned earlier and stir to spread them out




#7: Heat the oil to vaporization and add the mustard seed; wait until they all crack up




#8: Now put the leaves into it and wait for half a minute





#9:Add the boiled and spiced vegetables to oil




#10: Stir well and continue heating until the mass turns golden brown and pasty(about 10 minutes)









#11: Transfer to a serving dish and top with some fresh coriander leaves and curry leaves






#12: Serve while hot; goes well with bread, rice etc. Now i want to give a name for this dish :D
Regards :D
 
Having been a vegetarian for the past 40 years, I think I just had an orgasm.. great pics..is that black thing egg plant.. love the way you cook..I'm going to try to do this one. thanks Ed

P.S. That's without the chicken..
 
Ed, I highly recommend cookbooks by Madhur Jaffreys!
 
I have two loves of Paneer bread shop Bagette ib the freezer..Free all you want at the VA in Lexington Ky
 
$8306823336_0e42b8ffd4_b.webp


for my non veggy friends!

chicken biriyani
 
Looks like a good S. Indian vegetable dish. I've made and eaten some of these, but they're all different, and this one looks good.
 
Ok, now I am hungry for Indian food. Love the butter chicken, jeera rice and chocolate barfi. I tried to make the barfi and threw out the first batch and the 2nd batch turned out okay but not as good as my friend's.
 
Can you post a sample taste to the forum?
 
That looks awesome Nandakumar!
Thank you very much Jacs :D
Mmmmmmmm!

I would enjoy that with some paneer!

When you mentioned that, i felt i missed to add that ; thank you very much BJ :D

Having been a vegetarian for the past 40 years, I think I just had an orgasm.. great pics..is that black thing egg plant.. love the way you cook..I'm going to try to do this one. thanks Ed

P.S. That's without the chicken..
Thank you very much sir; this is a pure vegetarian dish; chicken masala is aspice mix that is veg. too :D

Ed, I highly recommend cookbooks by Madhur Jaffreys!


Sure BJ; thank you :D
I have two loves of Paneer bread shop Bagette ib the freezer..Free all you want at the VA in Lexington Ky

View attachment 29952


for my non veggy friends!

chicken biriyani
Months earlier i would have enjoyed that; now i am a pure veggie; thank you very much ;)
Looks like a good S. Indian vegetable dish. I've made and eaten some of these, but they're all different, and this one looks good.

WOW Ken, i never thought you know the distinction as North India and South India; thank you so much Ken :D

Ok, now I am hungry for Indian food. Love the butter chicken, jeera rice and chocolate barfi. I tried to make the barfi and threw out the first batch and the 2nd batch turned out okay but not as good as my friend's.
You are very familiar with Indian dishes... how come? ;)
Thank you very much :D

Can you post a sample taste to the forum?
Pray if i could!!! who knows in future one can upload the dishes and other thing to the desired target ;)

thank you very much Heitz :D
 
WOW Ken, i never thought you know the distinction as North India and South India

I've had friends from several different states, so I've been educated about some of the culinary (and other) differences. Most of the Indian food here is Northern style, but there are a few South Indian restaurants and a few that serve some of each. I like more of the Southern dishes, but I'll eat both.
 
Thank you KenC; have you taken Masala Dosa, from South? This is among the 10 things one must eat in life, as recommended by World tourism council :D
 
Thank you KenC; have you taken Masala Dosa, from South? This is among the 10 things one must eat in life, as recommended by World tourism council :D

Yes, the S. Indian restaurants in this area always serve them. I'll have to look up the 10 things and see if I've missed anything else!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom