A rose is...

MightyLeeMoon

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.transmissionfields.com
So, I am fairly new to photography. I've had an old Olympus digital camera for a few years (2 megapixel) and just love taking pictures.

After a while...I longed for more. So...I spent far more than I ever should have on a digital SLR. The very next day I took that Nikon D50 to the local Rose Garden and fiddled around. This was about 2 weeks ago now...and each day that passes I am more and more hooked on this photography thing!

In any case...here are the results from that day's trip:

mel-flower-framed.jpg

rose-train-framed.jpg

rose1-framed.jpg

single-rose-framed.jpg

some-water-framed.jpg

statue2-framed.jpg

LaFoto

Just Corinna in real life
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hallo Lee, and welcome to ThePhotoForum.
I am sure you will enjoy yourself here!
And that D50 definitely is not wasted on you! Wow. Quite to the contrary, I should say. You really know what you are doing when you use it, I think. You have an idea in your head and have the means to put that into practise, by playing with the DOF (depth of field), for example, and composition. I really like the first two of your photos here!!!

OP
MightyLeeMoon

MightyLeeMoon

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.transmissionfields.com
LaFoto said:
Hallo Lee, and welcome to ThePhotoForum.
I am sure you will enjoy yourself here!
And that D50 definitely is not wasted on you! Wow. Quite to the contrary, I should say. You really know what you are doing when you use it, I think. You have an idea in your head and have the means to put that into practise, by playing with the DOF (depth of field), for example, and composition. I really like the first two of your photos here!!!

Many thanks!

I feel I have so much to learn. As of right now...sometimes I have to take 5 or 6 shots just to get the exposure right. I'm sure that comes with time.

Most reactions

New Topics