A Set of Daisies

Joel_W

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Got out yesterday for a rare morning photo shoot with my brother of 64 years. Our work schedules are completely opposite, so time together these days is a cherished happening. We decided to do our photo shoot at a arboretum neither of us have ever been to, Bailey Arboretum in Lattingtown, Nassau County, New York. The weather was perfect for a beach day, but not for a photo outing. Blue skies, and a high sun was the order of the day. We got there at 8:30 just as they were opening up, and proceeded to work the shady areas.

I came across a very large planting of Daisies, and took quite a few pictures. Here's the best of them.

Thanks for stopping by.

Baily52812 006 by joelwillstein, on Flickr

Baily52812 003 by joelwillstein, on Flickr

Baily52812 002 by joelwillstein, on Flickr

Baily52812 001 by joelwillstein, on Flickr

Baily52812 011 (1024 x 683) by joelwillstein, on Flickr

Last edited:
Joel.. look really good. They do have a slight blue / green tinge... just a hair over what they should...

what do you think? My edit is on top! Try that CLOUDY DAY WB Preset when in the shade.. you might like it! :)

$jw.jpg
$729830516xxxxx2_ec7dda2edd.jpg

Charlie, I like your edit. Strange that there should be that cast. I just checked the NEF file after editing in Nikon Capture, and I didn't do much. The preset was set to Standard. Adjusted the exposure some, and a slight crop. That's about it. I'll add a 5th Daisy and see if it's the same.

Just added that 5th Daisy, and the cast is there , and it was shot in the sun. Any ideas as to why? I did have the WB set to Shade for the 1st four pictures, since I was in the shade. Maybe I should have left the WB set to Sunshine or just plain old Auto.

Charlie, I like your edit. Strange that there should be that cast. I just checked the NEF file after editing in Nikon Capture, and I didn't do much. The preset was set to Standard. Adjusted the exposure some, and a slight crop. That's about it. I'll add a 5th Daisy and see if it's the same.

Just added that 5th Daisy, and the cast is there , and it was shot in the sun. Any ideas as to why? I did have the WB set to Shade for the 1st four pictures, since I was in the shade. Maybe I should have left the WB set to Sunshine or just plain old Auto.

Cloudy day is warmer than shade I believe... (I think the D90 has that... not sure! I never used it except to show my GF something! lol!). Not sure what the color components are for the shade setting.. probably just adds yellow to kill the blue that is common in shade. Cloudy Day adds some red also... which is what I did here... a touch of yellow, and a bit more red / magenta.

Charlie, thanks so much. Next time I'll go with Cloudy instead of shade. Betcha that was what caused it.

Most reactions

Back