What's new

A Set: Old, worn and beautiful (19 pics)

Compaq

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Joined
Aug 29, 2010
Messages
3,400
Reaction score
657
Location
Norway
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I wanted to gather my shots from this old cabin I shot last week. All the shots are in the HDR section, but it's messy. Here they are one after one. I'm very happy with the set myself, so I wanted to share it in a more structured manner. C&C welcome if you want. There are some overlap of subjects, as I have both coloured and monochrome versions of many, here.

The cabin was quite small. The two living room shots look quite roomy, but it only was around four meters across from one side of the living room to the other.


1
O.MUSTAD & SØNS JERNSTØBERI



2
Living room and bed



3
Bed closeup bw



4
Bed closeup



5
Living room, 180 degrees turn from the first one



6



7
Shelf in living room



8
Kitchen bench with coffee, old postcards ++



9
Outside the cabin we slept in



10
View from just outside our cabin. Small cabin is where the other shots are taken



11



12
Outside the small cabin



13



14



15



16



17



18



19







Thanks for looking :)
Anders
 
That is a neat cabin. The shots are too cooked for my liking. I would love to see it in non HDR. I want to say you captured it nicely but honestly I can't tell since all sense of feeling and mood have been removed by the HDR editing.
 
Death by HDR! >.<' lol some of them are okay... the HDR fits with a select few such as 5 and 9... actually only 5 and 9 for me. Everything else is way overdone.
 
Seriously? Are you so against tonemapping such shots as these? :) Personally, I really like them, and many shots from other people :) Thank you for your opinions, though! :D

Just to be sure: would say that #19 is overcooked? Has my processing killed the shot, in your opinion? Also, what is it that makes this to work for #5, but not for #2? Just curios to how you're processing your observations and turning them into opinions :)
 
Seriously? Are you so against tonemapping such shots as these? :) Personally, I really like them, and many shots from other people :) Thank you for your opinions, though! :D

Just to be sure: would say that #19 is overcooked? Has my processing killed the shot, in your opinion? Also, what is it that makes this to work for #5, but not for #2? Just curios to how you're processing your observations and turning them into opinions :)

Compaq - I think they are INCREDIBLE. WOW!!! The shots are great to begin with, the HDR adds to what YOU captured.
 
They look much animated .... as if from a 3D movie..... at the end, i like them very much ;)
 
Seriously? Are you so against tonemapping such shots as these? :) Personally, I really like them, and many shots from other people :) Thank you for your opinions, though! :D

Just to be sure: would say that #19 is overcooked? Has my processing killed the shot, in your opinion? Also, what is it that makes this to work for #5, but not for #2? Just curios to how you're processing your observations and turning them into opinions :)

Honestly I don't have a problem with tonemapping, but the indoor ones are so cooked they look like drawings not photographs. If that is what you are going for that is fine, but I feel like all the emotion is lost by this processing. #12-19 are ok. I think #15 is the only one I think has a little too much done there, as I can see some halo around the building etc. #1-11 are just way over done to me though. Honestly, what kills those shots for me is that I can't go anywhere in the world and see anything like that with my own two eyes other then seeing something created on a computer. But remember that is just my opinion and you are certainly allow to have yours and they don't have to match up.
 
I love the shots, they are cooked for sure making them more like a drawing than a photography but I still love them. I can appreciate HDR like this. Thanks for sharing.
 
Seriously? Are you so against tonemapping such shots as these? :) Personally, I really like them, and many shots from other people :) Thank you for your opinions, though! :D

Just to be sure: would say that #19 is overcooked? Has my processing killed the shot, in your opinion? Also, what is it that makes this to work for #5, but not for #2? Just curios to how you're processing your observations and turning them into opinions :)

Seems like people either LOVE HDR (Tone Mapping) or they HATE it. I really like your processing. I actually like 12, 14 and 18 B&W's best. They seem to have more texture, which goes great with "old".
 
Scuba, thanks for explaining a little more. Looks like we've set the line at different places :)

And thanks to all who bothered to leave feedback! :thumbsup:
 
The B+W shots are great but the hdr's are not my cup of tea
 
I like them for what they are...as the OP obviously intended this look. I too, however, would be curious to see some true B&W of the cabin on the hill and a couple others. Even HDR would be ok if it was more realistic than fantasy/cartoon. Not saying I would prefer them that way, just interested to see how they look, I think they'd look great also.

Nice set.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom