A shot at Fenway 8.12

o hey tyler

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I took this photo at Fenway prior to the 8.12 game against the Detroit Tigers.

The Tigers got demolished, 8-2.

3825815340_1d2fa04552_b.jpg

Tell me what you think...?

I love it, but especially because it's at Fenway (Die hard Sox fan here!)

Was he on the field or in really close seats?

Go Red Sox Baby!

I went to a Sox game in Fenway back in 07 and they crushed the Orioles 10-3, Francona got ejected in the second inning. We were sitting 12 rows behind the Sox Dugout. Best seats I have ever had for a game.

Where were your seats at?

And on my trip we went to a game at Camden Yards (most beautiful park I have been too) and a game Blue Jays @ Yankees, where I wore my Red Sox jersey loud and proud! That was one crazy night

My friend and I were sitting down from Pesky's Pole in right field. My seat was Section 6, Box 92, Row E, Seat 7.

We were in the front row, and he was leaning on the half wall that separated the crowd from the field.

I wish beer was not so expensive there. That would have made the time even more enjoyable. Haha.

My friend and I were sitting down from Pesky's Pole in right field. My seat was Section 6, Box 92, Row E, Seat 7.

We were in the front row, and he was leaning on the half wall that separated the crowd from the field.

I wish beer was not so expensive there. That would have made the time even more enjoyable. Haha.

Sounds like pretty good seats. You have any good pics from the game, or did you just enjoy it?

And I am really new at photography, just got my first D-SLR yesterday. I am guessing your pic has a high aperture (low f-number)? I am trying to learn that stuff

Here are the particulars on the shot:

Shutter Speed: 1/60 second
F Number: F/5.6
Focal Length: 35 mm
ISO Speed: 100
Date Picture Taken: Aug 12, 2009, 7:20:17 PM

My friends mother has season tickets for those seats, so my friend and I can go any time we want. But this was my first Sox game. I have some more photos, but I'll have to rip 'em from my facebook in the spirit of conserving flickr space.

5293_117728301911_500091911_2230480_2076484_n.jpg

5293_117728316911_500091911_2230483_7516391_n.jpg

5293_118631956911_500091911_2239574_4644705_n.jpg

5293_117728286911_500091911_2230477_8041921_n.jpg

I like the Josh Beckett one, but your first (kid with Monster) is my favorite. What affect is that, like did you do it post photo, black and white, monocrome? Sorry for asking so many question, I just want to learn more about photography

I like the Josh Beckett one, but your first (kid with Monster) is my favorite. What affect is that, like did you do it post photo, black and white, monocrome? Sorry for asking so many question, I just want to learn more about photography

I actually didn't edit that photo at all surprisingly. I just set my B&W Parameters on my camera and took the shot. I also used manual focus. And don't worry about asking questions. It's a great way to learn. What kind of camera did you get?

I actually didn't edit that photo at all surprisingly. I just set my B&W Parameters on my camera and took the shot. I also used manual focus. And don't worry about asking questions. It's a great way to learn. What kind of camera did you get?

What are your B&W Parameters? Edit: Ohh black and white. What settings are they located in

I got a D60 with 18-55 VR kits lens, a 55-200 VR lens, and a carring case for $730. ($730 for package before tax, but we had a 10% off cupon so it brought it to $730 after tax.)

What are your B&W Parameters? Edit: Ohh black and white. What settings are they located in

I got a D60 with 18-55 VR kits lens, a 55-200 VR lens, and a carring case for $730. ($730 for package before tax, but we had a 10% off cupon so it brought it to $730 after tax.)

Well my settings may be different than yours. I have a Sony, but you can probably find color settings in the menu of the camera. There is probably a night time shooting mode, and vibrant or high contrast mode, a portrait mode, etc. And you should be able to modify saturation and contrast within each of those also.

Ok I will check it out later. When exploring like ISO, Aperture, shutter Speed, and other setting, where do you suggest I start at, for trying to make better photos? If that makes any sense...

The first shot is great. If I had to nitpick something, I would try to edit out the stray hairs coming from the front (well, the back, which is facing the front) of his cap.

Ok I will check it out later. When exploring like ISO, Aperture, shutter Speed, and other setting, where do you suggest I start at, for trying to make better photos? If that makes any sense...

Well, a lower ISO will give you better image quality, but it will also increase your shutter speed if you want a properly exposed shot. I suggest just messing with your camera in manual mode (there should be a little dial that you can set to "M") which will make every setting on the camera usable. And the best way to learn is to just take photos and look at what your settings are at. That way you can see what each one does individually. That's how I learned how to use my camera.

The B&W pics are great! Now only if it were a team that didn't have to cheat to get a World Series! lol

Most reactions

New Topics

Back