A shot from my TLR

kamelean

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This is my wife's grandpa. I took it with the Yashica TLR, but I don't have a negative scanner. I taped the negative to my iPhone, put the screen to white, and took a picture of the negative with my DSLR. Used Gimp to color correct, and here you go. Also included a B&W of the picture, as I thought B&W really did it justice. Pic was taken f3.5, 1/50 with Kodak Ektar ISO 100.

Cart by kamelean, on Flickr

CartBW by kamelean, on Flickr

Hmm, interesting way of digitizing a negative.

Needs more exposure.

I think that's only on the digital end, as the actual photo is perfectly exposed, in my opinion. I'll put up a scan of the photo itself in a few.

Sent from my iPhone in beautiful Kentucky.

Nice shot! How fun. The exposure looks fine, I'd prob dodge a little under the hat but I like it. I picked up an Epson Perfection V500 a while back, VERY efficient 6x6 scanner and for under 200 bucks.

The photo itself is quite nice. It's a nice photo of a grandfatherly dude out on the gold course in his golf cart!!! Yeah, it's lo-fi, but it has a nice "feel to it". I have digitized a few medium format negatives the same way, albeit using a window, and a Nikon D2x at ISO 100, and a 60mm Micro~Nikkor lens...and the result is actually...pretty darned good!

Most reactions

Back