A shot of me and my Son.

Seventen

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
$13352636793_990ebc5212_b.jpg

A shot taken with Nikon d5100, using the Nikkor 35mm lens.
ISO 500
F-4.5
Exposure time 1/80 sec
Center weight metering.

Was shot using a tripod and remote shutter. Slightly edited in Serif photoplus X5 to create a boarder and convert from RAW to JPG, Very pleased with myself making a boarder I am useless with any software.
Any critique would be welcomed please.

Attachments

• $13352636793_990ebc5212_c.jpg
    $13352636793_990ebc5212_c.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 126
It's an interesting composition, I'd just work on bringing out the clarity/contrast in post.

like:
$13352636793_990ebc5212_b-Edit-1.jpg

It is inevitable for me when I look at a picture to try and see the head end and what happens here is that I can't figure out what is going on up there.
I would crop off a bunch of the right side to confine the viewer to the baby and the dad's enveloping arm.
Then make the dad's arm more distinct with selective dharpeneing to emphasize the difference in texture between the baby and teh grownup.

$13352636793_990ebc5212_blll.jpg

I'm sure you find enjoyment in the image and that's truly what's important but technically I can't make heads or tails of it. Too many distracting elements.

Oh very nice edits. I Would of rather has been better place but was trying all different angles then re focused and set it up I jumped in for the picture and set the count down and was hard to compose like this, Next week I have a new mount on order with electronic tracking so can pose then slew the mount to make adjustments so hope can get some better images.

All pictures of my son makes me happy, but I dont want pictures just to make me happy I want to learn and create Images where they are visually pleasing. Even grow to the point the pictures could one day be classed as professional looking. Sorry about the distracting items he was about to go to sleep but I wanted to practice a little :)

If you can please share what you done to the images would be great please as I really know little about post processing and maybe the changes you made could one day help me make my master piece :) well I can dream but With determination maybe I can get much better.

Thank you for the feedback.

Most reactions

Back