018.jpg

008-1.jpg

006-1.jpg

002-1.jpg

014.jpg

009-1.jpg

007-1.jpg

006.jpg

What a vast variety of different photos. Maybe sorting them by theme could help us giving you the critique you want, like putting the night photography in one thead, the close-ups in an extra one, creepy crawlies and/or pets in one, and playing with light in a fourth? I am sure it'll make people comment more and more in depth than when you would want them to comment on 15 all different photos... Edit your thread to just one theme and start several others is legitimate ... and helpful.

^+1 I would have to agree they are some really nice and very pretty shots in different ones. Plus they aren't really numbered so it makes it a little tougher to give you c&c

Couple things. Keep horizons straight and don't put 15 pix at once (especially those ILU light tricks - save that for youtube) but other than that, your pictures look good. You're off to a great start and you're certainly not a "newbie" who doesn't know how about photography. Just read here and see what others say about other pictures and take notes.

I'm glad we don't have any scorpions over here on the East coast of Canada... damn!!!

I thought it looked a bit "off" so I adjusted the levels a bit in Gimp... Came up with...

062.jpg

Have you ever seen a bark scorpion before? Your edit is WAY off. No offense.

I should have added to the OP.... I agree about posting too many pics. However, I like your tempe town lake shot and the silhouette shot with the sunset and the bush. I would just adjust the contrast/color casts on some of them and as other said, work on the horizon and composition. However all in all, a nice group of shots that really shows off the valley.

Last edited:
Have you ever seen a bark scorpion before? Your edit is WAY off. No offense.

No offense taken... :)

And no I have not... So I was just expressing what I "imagined" it would look like I guess...

They are a tannish yellow and almost seem translucent. I think the OPs pic captures it well, although the lighting wasn't great though. I think a softer light or a hand held slave flash to the side would have helped reduce the shadows and make it less obvious as a nighttime flash pic. The problem is, they mainly only come out at night. Well, unless you have them in your house. My brother in law went to work the other day with one in his pant leg and got about a half hour into work when he felt something "poking" him down his leg.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back