a stolen moment

JonMikal

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
another from yesterday's walk:

18260868-L.jpg

:lol: How do you and Airic manage so many good pictures :crazy: :Joker: Just keep em coming guys the more power to you :thumbup:

Incredable capture Jon! The contrast between the frail/frightened girl and the powerfull column is just great! Her hiding in the shadow really adds to the picture. To me it is very symbolic of our times. The power of authority and the powerlessness of the individual.

Edit: After saying all that she was propably just trying to hide from the wind :lol:

no holds barred from you this week, is there? I think that this picture rates as one of your best so far. You usally have so much power in your pictures of regular buildings that every time you add the human element to one of your pictures, it just makes it that much better. Awesome picture Jon! Keep 'em comin'.

Astro said:
Applied some PS and some "framing".
I am not the author and I am not supposed to do this but this photo is so good I just couldn't help it.

Just a little FYI...in the signature blocks of some photographers, you'll notice OTE written. This stands for Okay To Edit. Some photographers take offense to the copying and editing of their pictures so a safe thing to keep in mind to not edit someone else's picture without first getting permission or seeing OTE.

Wow! Love it! Would definitly frame that and hang it on my wall without a moments thought! She looks so small and she looks like she feels so small!
Wow!

hobbes28 said:
Just a little FYI...in the signature blocks of some photographers, you'll notice OTE written. This stands for Okay To Edit. Some photographers take offense to the copying and editing of their pictures so a safe thing to keep in mind to not edit someone else's picture without first getting permission or seeing OTE.

Ok I better remove it then. Don't want to offend the author.

Jon Mikal yet another superb shot, but for me it would also work well if you cropped the top portion of the image out, leaving just the person and the negative space to the left of her.

another great image, jonmikal! im at the small and really bad monitor at the moment, so i cant see the whole pic without scrolling(hrr-;) ), but i was just wondering how it would look cropped a bit, just a few milimetres from the left - without the space between column base and a left edge of the pic....the second thing i would prolly do, is
to straighten a bit the rectangle at the column's base to the horizon line.....
...ah, and LOVE your site, jonmikal! -:)all your pics looks really great, even at the REALLY bad monitor, he he-:)))

it might be just me - but now it works better imo-:)..which one do you like more?(cause thats what counts the most, ha ha)

Most reactions

Back