A stone corner.

FITBMX

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I took this a few weeks ago, would like to hear your thoughts. :)

4-28 003.jpg

4-28 024.jpg

#3 There isn't a "stone corner" it this one, but I thought I may as well post it! ;)
4-28 047.jpg

I like number 3 the best. But them I'm kind of a sucker for old windmills against the sky.

I think one and two would be great situations for HDR (but only if it is well done and not cooked beyond any semblance of good taste). The brickwork is a great subject, but too underexposed here to draw the attention it deserves.

Here's my idea - I selectively brightened the stone and ground and then played with the levels a little to give it a little more pop. Not perfect as it's a quick go, but you get the idea.

4-28 003A by breckmiller, on Flickr

I like number 3 the best. But them I'm kind of a sucker for old windmills against the sky.

I think one and two would be great situations for HDR (but only if it is well done and not cooked beyond any semblance of good taste). The brickwork is a great subject, but too underexposed here to draw the attention it deserves.

Here's my idea - I selectively brightened the stone and ground and then played with the levels a little to give it a little more pop. Not perfect as it's a quick go, but you get the idea.

First of all, I know the rancher that owns that windmill, and he would tell you it's only two years old, quite new!!!:biglaugh:

I also have bracketed shots of #1 & #2, but haven't had the time to learn how to do HDR. :( But would really like to do so with these, it was the reason I went there to take them in the first place. :)
Thanks for the editing idea!

I prefer number 2, more for the crop/framing...Not sure the HDR is required... just my opinion of course.

The windmill is nice too, although the OOf rocks in front distract a little. Not sure if a different viewpoint might have been possible?

But both sites well seen. :)

I like #2 the best It has better lighting than #1 and I think the crop is stronger. I Like Deeky's edit of #1 also.

I like #2 the best It has better lighting than #1 and I think the crop is stronger. I Like Deeky's edit of #1 also.

I tried a edit like Deeky's, but had a hard time keeping the tree leaves that are over the rocks from lighting up.
Thanks for the feed back! :)

I prefer number 2, more for the crop/framing...Not sure the HDR is required... just my opinion of course.

The windmill is nice too, although the OOf rocks in front distract a little. Not sure if a different viewpoint might have been possible?

But both sites well seen. :)

If I do any HDR work with it, it will be just enough to brighten up the rocks.

The reason those rocks are so OOF is because I shot that with a 135mm (plus a 1.4x crop sensor) at F2.8 I had just gotten the lens and was playing with it in low light. :allteeth:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back