A Stroll Through The Garden

PhotoJoe

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
These are from my first attempt to shoot with a macro.

garden1.jpg

garden2.jpg

garden3.jpg

garden4.jpg

The first and fourth do it best for me. :D I like how you decided on the mdway focus here.

And the B&W is also more effective with this shallow DOF; I don't think it would be as visually interesting without it sort of falling away like this. Good job!!

i would have to say #2 and #3... there is just something about the focus in the second one that seems perfect

#3 and #4 for me. I love your choice of negative space in the 3rd one and on the last one I love the leading lines. Nice job. I like #1 but the DOF is so short that it almost seems to be sectioned off to much. It doesn't fade into blur as much as I think it would need to in order to make the shot better. Great job over all!

Except for the first one being a bit busy (makes it hard to pick out the subject), these are some really nice shots. I particularly like the second one. :)

Nice pictures PhotoJoe. I like 3 the best of the group but maybe with a little cropping off the bottom. The floating effect mentioned by drdan creates an interesting look along with the background.

The 3rd and 4th are my favs.... love the colors in 3, and the composition in 4 - nice work!

I like them. They remind me very much of my photos...
... seems like it's a universal thing to do once you get the chance to do a couple of macro shots, right: you go into your garden! :D I did so, too.
Flowers are so WILLING objects. And beautiful at that.
However, I have by now taken so many photos of almost each blossom that was out to be seen last year - I feel a little overfed by my own flower photos...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back