What's new

A take on Summer

.SimO.

TPF Noob!
Joined
Jun 22, 2012
Messages
258
Reaction score
28
Location
Carlisle, Pennsylvania
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here is an image I would like to share with everyone regarding my take on summer. Not sure If it makes sense to everyone or even marks any relationship to summer but here it is. I have been studying and participating in photography since this past December. I am utilizing a Canon T3i(600D) and a Canon 50mm 1.4. Thoughts on the picture and suggestions on improvements are welcome. Thanks in advance.


$7489844872_7284ca4d32_b.webp
 
Wow! Nice, love all the elements in this pic. Just be careful when photographing white or shiny objects because you can easily over expose it...
 
I'd love to hear more about why this speaks of summer to YOU. For me, it's just a picture of part of a Galileo thermometer.

The white stuff at the bottom draws my eye, but I can't tell what it is. I thought maybe it was ice, but that piece in the lower right corner looks like a piece of plastic.

Personally, I'd like this more if I could see the whole thermometer and could more easily identify the white stuff around it. I like your DOF on this, but perhaps if there were a oof pair of sunglasses and sunscreen, something like that, in the background, it would help with the summer theme.
 
I'd love to hear more about why this speaks of summer to YOU. For me, it's just a picture of part of a Galileo thermometer.

The white stuff at the bottom draws my eye, but I can't tell what it is. I thought maybe it was ice, but that piece in the lower right corner looks like a piece of plastic.

Personally, I'd like this more if I could see the whole thermometer and could more easily identify the white stuff around it. I like your DOF on this, but perhaps if there were a oof pair of sunglasses and sunscreen, something like that, in the background, it would help with the summer theme.

I would have loved to put the whole thermometer in the image but the background would have had a lot of distractions. The angle and distance I took allowed for the background to be my stone pavers alone without cutting into the grass, rocks, tree and wooden fence. Had to sacrifice the cutoff on the image with what I had but tried to make it work.

The white stuff on the bottom is ice from my freezer. I tried to capture summer with the aspects being heat and wanting to cool down. The drips or lack there of after attempting along with the ice was supposed to indicate the Galileo trying to cool down since the heat surpassed 80deg f and the density of water reduced the glass bubbles all the way to the bottom.

Thanks for the input and hopefully I explained everything in an understanding manner.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom