What's new

a tear was shed

There is everything to like about this shot except I don't like it......and because you've put a lovely constructed color portrait on what appears to be a poorly hand-applied emulsion on an albumen paper which is strictly a B&W process.

Make it a B&W and thusly it becomes the same image, a bit different but the portrait now fits the background. Of course, as always it is just another opinion.

$8502629131_5a93cfe2ab_o.webp
 
hehe it's ok ceeboy its just a phase, soon I will be soft vignetting and adding tints with textures :D...
I was just having fun with the tools at hand...
I kept the original untouched .. which is how I prefer it
but you learn by playing and experimenting... sometimes success sometimes crash and burn
..
 
It wasn't a total crash and burn, just a little weird for my old school ways. The portrait itself is quite nice. I think though, I would have titled it "Wet."

Note I also did some selective sharpening on her eyes and mouth and some of the droplets.
 
It wasn't a total crash and burn, just a little weird for my old school ways. The portrait itself is quite nice. I think though, I would have titled it "Wet."

Note I also did some selective sharpening on her eyes and mouth and some of the droplets.
...

Is this more to your taste?


Sepia by Binga63, on Flickr
 
How is she getting tears on to her forehead??????

I don't know if Tirediron was hinting to this or not, but the title was actually what turned me off the first time I opened this photo. In fact so much so, I didn't even post.
I like the photo a lot but when I read the title and opened it, it was like just.....oh.
I see a young girl standing in the rain, at my doorway, and a title such as "No Where to Turn" comes to mind. I get the symbolizim, but it just doesn't work for me.
Just my 2 cents
 
How is she getting tears on to her forehead??????

I don't know if Tirediron was hinting to this or not, but the title was actually what turned me off the first time I opened this photo. In fact so much so, I didn't even post.
I like the photo a lot but when I read the title and opened it, it was like just.....oh.
I see a young girl standing in the rain, at my doorway, and a title such as "No Where to Turn" comes to mind. I get the symbolizim, but it just doesn't work for me.
Just my 2 cents


I know the title didn't work .... was thinking 'naiad'as the title but it probably is too obscure for some
the pics are straight from the swimming pool

:)
 
Interesting. That would have gotten folks running for Wikipedia :lol:
 
It wasn't a total crash and burn, just a little weird for my old school ways. The portrait itself is quite nice. I think though, I would have titled it "Wet."

Note I also did some selective sharpening on her eyes and mouth and some of the droplets.
...

Is this more to your taste?


Sepia by Binga63, on Flickr

I like this version okay but I really liked the first best. Not so keen on the title or the color over B&W, but other than that, a nicely exposed, constructed shot. Be not so hard on thyself. I see you shining on a good path to great shots.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom