A trip through the woods

I can understand the problem of living in the city and not leaving it - especially then, when one does not have any interest in urban photography.
Still life is definitely one way to go, especially as it will teach you a lot about composing your shots, and about subject matter.

Another suggestion here would be - light.

You have a park available, you have trees, now try going there at different times. The pictures look like they were taken around noonish - pretty much the "worst" light you can get, so try going at dawn, or in the evening, sunsets - try capturing the golden / orang glow of the setting sun... just some ideas.

I myself live in a city, and trust me, there is really not much around here, the closest mountains are about a 4 hour flight away - but - aside from urban photography, parks are fascinating...at the right light and more important, with the right angles ;)

Good luck on the next shots;)

IlSan,

Great ideas about the sun sets/rises. Maybe I can capture some. My apartment faces the East and the South. Maybe this winter when I get up to go to work before the sun rises, I can get a shot or two from my deck. I've seen some beautiful sun rises from my car driving the freeway, but I would not call the 'below the sky' very photogenic. :) And because I'm on a freeway, no place to stop.

Keep the ideas coming, I'll try to work them in to my shots in the future.

Thanks everyone.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back