A trip to Iasi

xDarek

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This weekend I was in another citu called Iasi.I tooked some picture and I want to know what do you think?

Attachments

• DSCF4172.JPG
    DSCF4172.JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 85
  • DSCF4194.JPG
    DSCF4194.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 84
  • DSCF4201.JPG
    DSCF4201.JPG
    3.1 MB · Views: 96
  • DSCF4214.JPG
    DSCF4214.JPG
    3.7 MB · Views: 104
  • DSCF4221.JPG
    DSCF4221.JPG
    3.4 MB · Views: 85
I'm not going to try a detailed critique on all of them, but overall, I will offer that these are mostly what I would call "tourist" shots. That doesn't necessarily mean they are bad, but just not wonderful.

I'm not going to try a detailed critique on all of them, but overall, I will offer that these are mostly what I would call "tourist" shots. That doesn't necessarily mean they are bad, but just not wonderful.
Thanks for your feedback, yea I know they are not amazing.

What camera were you using?

I think the 5th one shows some potential for this location. Find out sunrise and sunset times when the building will be lit by rising or setting sun. It's an interesting enough building and the flower beds will provide a good lead in line. It will still be postcard type shot (not that there's anything wrong in that in any way) but will help you with many things that are essential in landscape photography: composition, and light. Get into place 30mins - 1hr before sunrise/sunset and stay 30 mins/1hr after, depending on light, and use something like this for practise...Use a tripod if you can...

These are much better than your first shots you posted on here, so good to see an improvement already. you're starting to use composition more and several of these shots have good foreground interest that leads the eye into the shot which is great. The last shot is the best in my opinion, you've got elements in the foreground, background and distance, there is structure to the shot, your eye is led in to the subject and its quite a nice shot. Just keep an eye on your horizontal lines in particular, most of your shots above lean a little and that's easily corrected in post (a small level on your camera can help get very close in the field as well). In photos that are symmetrical it's vital that you get the camera position bang on centre, and the two you've got above with strong symmetry are both slightly off centre, so be aware of that in the future too.

I think the 5th one shows some potential for this location. Find out sunrise and sunset times when the building will be lit by rising or setting sun. It's an interesting enough building and the flower beds will provide a good lead in line. It will still be postcard type shot (not that there's anything wrong in that in any way) but will help you with many things that are essential in landscape photography: composition, and light. Get into place 30mins - 1hr before sunrise/sunset and stay 30 mins/1hr after, depending on light, and use something like this for practise...Use a tripod if you can...
I couldn't beacuse use a tripod because I was on a trip, but thank you for your sugestion!
These are much better than your first shots you posted on here, so good to see an improvement already. you're starting to use composition more and several of these shots have good foreground interest that leads the eye into the shot which is great. The last shot is the best in my opinion, you've got elements in the foreground, background and distance, there is structure to the shot, your eye is led in to the subject and its quite a nice shot. Just keep an eye on your horizontal lines in particular, most of your shots above lean a little and that's easily corrected in post (a small level on your camera can help get very close in the field as well). In photos that are symmetrical it's vital that you get the camera position bang on centre, and the two you've got above with strong symmetry are both slightly off centre, so be aware of that in the future too.
Thank you!!

Most reactions

Back