A Visit To The Zoo

I'm loving these photos. Especially the tigers, lion, otters and the eagle. Pleasure to scroll through, and something for me to aspire to. Thank you!

Red Panda
0418-zoo-32-XL.jpg

Relative
0418-zoo-23-XL.jpg

Jaguar
0418-zoo-90-XL.jpg

Panda
Panda-bw-XL.jpg

I've photographed over 2 dozen zoos and aquariums over the past 4 years or so. It adds up to over 5,000 photos and videos so I would be hard pressed to select just a few. I also like to photograph the information placards adjacent to the displays so people all over the world can learn something about the particular animal. Anyway, if anyone here is a zoo aficionado like I am here is a link to my zoo collection:

Collection: Zoos, Aviaries, Aquariums, etc.

It's more direct than my siggie.

I've photographed over 2 dozen zoos and aquariums over the past 4 years or so. It adds up to over 5,000 photos and videos so I would be hard pressed to select just a few. I also like to photograph the information placards adjacent to the displays so people all over the world can learn something about the particular animal. Anyway, if anyone here is a zoo aficionado like I am here is a link to my zoo collection:

Quite a collection! I've been to the Toledo Zoo when they had the pandas on loan many years ago. Have you been to the St Louis Zoo? It is built on the 1904 World's Fair site and the walk through bird cage is from the fair.

St. Louis Zoo

1. Now you know where to go when there is a tornado warning.
6920149232_a9249b539f_c.jpg

Quite a collection! I've been to the Toledo Zoo when they had the pandas on loan many years ago. Have you been to the St Louis Zoo? It is built on the 1904 World's Fair site and the walk through bird cage is from the fair.

I haven't been that far west. It's about 900 miles from Jacksonville FL. The Toledo Zoo has the best and most unique dining facility of any zoo I've ever been to. They converted the old fashioned dangerous animal cages with its big steel bars into a cafeteria. Check this out:

IMG_1753 -1 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

IMG_1749 -1 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

IMG_1750 -1 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

IMG_1751 -1 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

IMG_1752 -1 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Ohio has four great zoos and they all do something a little different from each other. It seems like they are playing the "can you top this" game. You can see Polar bears swimming under water through plexi, huge brown bears frolicing in the water, hippos swimming underwater, the list just goes on and on. I have video of all that stuff on my pages as well as still photos.

I haven't been that far west. It's about 900 miles from Jacksonville FL. The Toledo Zoo has the best and most unique dining facility of any zoo I've ever been to. They converted the old fashioned dangerous animal cages with its big steel bars into a cafeteria. Check this out:

IMG_1753 -1 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

IMG_1749 -1 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

IMG_1750 -1 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

IMG_1751 -1 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

IMG_1752 -1 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Ohio has four great zoos and they all do something a little different from each other. It seems like they are playing the "can you top this" game. You can see Polar bears swimming under water through plexi, huge brown bears frolicing in the water, hippos swimming underwater, the list just goes on and on. I have video of all that stuff on my pages as well as still photos.

Now that is a unique dining experience. :)

Most reactions

Back