A Voyage through Ages

Very lovely colours, but I think more sea and less sky would, for me, convey the idea of going on a voyage a little more. Also, I've read the books, seen the photos and worn the T-shirt, but I don't personally like really high or very low horizons. Of course, this might say more about where I am with my photography, which is still very much in development, than the relative merits of this photo's composition.

On the whole a very nice photo but I tend to agree that the composition is slightly problematic; though not so much because of the positioning of the sun and boat - for me that's okay.

Thank you Fred :D

Don't worry about rules, unless you are a member of some sanctioning body governing your thoughts and visions.

Could you have posed yourself in at an angle to make the overall image more pleasing? Perhaps to your right a few hundred feet? Sure you could have, but this is your crop for this paricular image. If anything, the land (dark portion) at the bottom is the only thing detracting that I see (with this crop)

I quite like it. I like that it's basically orange monotone. It would be a great image to hang on a wall in a neutral colored room to add a pop of color.

Don't worry about rules, unless you are a member of some sanctioning body governing your thoughts and visions.

Could you have posed yourself in at an angle to make the overall image more pleasing? Perhaps to your right a few hundred feet? Sure you could have, but this is your crop for this paricular image. If anything, the land (dark portion) at the bottom is the only thing detracting that I see (with this crop)

While i posted this image, this was the point, i worried about..... thank you Joey :D

Most reactions

Back