a walk around town

underOATH2220

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
i took these pictures while i was shooting some of my friends skating..

i would love some c & c because i am still new to this so i am always ready to learn :D

sunnytreecopy.jpg

heavancopy.jpg

pinecopy.jpg

silouhettemilton.jpg

thanks for looking :wink:

Last edited:
I liked #1 a lot. Nice capture on the sky, but maybe you could get rid of the tower in the bottom right :)

My honest opinion tho, #2 and #4 seem over-processed. Don't know if they were or not, but thats the feel I get from them. And #2 personally I don't get :(

Ur shots seems a little over processed but great captures.

I liked #1 a lot. Nice capture on the sky, but maybe you could get rid of the tower in the bottom right :)

My honest opinion tho, #2 and #4 seem over-processed. Don't know if they were or not, but thats the feel I get from them. And #2 personally I don't get :(

thanks :D and i went back and tried to fix them so ill be posting them up here soon (took out the tower :) ) but im not sure why you "don't get" number two.. the clouds opened up and the sun came through and i thought it made a cool picture...

Ur shots seems a little over processed but great captures.

yeah i know i went back and attempted to fix them... but thanks alot :D

I love the depth within the clouds in No1 (Can you have depth with just a tree and clouds :confused:)

I'm probably going to be more harsh than your average photoforum user, but hopefully I can give constructive criticism. #1 the clouds and sky is really really nice. How did you maintain the detail in the clouds and tree? Were you using a filter? Spot metering? Post process? However, as nice as the sky is, both the sun and tree seem awkward. I probably would have tried an angle with either no tree, or find a way so that it balances in the picture. Its just kinda stuck into the middle of the frame, not doing anything of importance.

#2, I don't like it. I bet it looked really cool in reality, but I have no perspective. When taking it you should ask yourself WHY it looks cool. I bet that pocket of light had a really cool effect on the ground, so I probably would have chosen a wide angle lens or wide zoom and tried to get the sky and the ground and show the effect in all its glory. Anyways, that would just be my personal opinion, but it seems like you just saw it, thought it looked cool, and snapped a photo. Thats fine, but if you want really great photos you need to try and figure out why things look cool, and try and incorporate that into your frame.

#3. I hate to be harsh but this one seems totally meaningless. It honestly looks like you just got the camera out and tested some closeups. The white on the left side is hugely distracting as well.

#4. This one is more interesting, but it feels like it is missing something... i don't know what, sorry :p

I love the depth within the clouds in No1 (Can you have depth with just a tree and clouds :confused:)

haha sure! thanks :)

I'm probably going to be more harsh than your average photoforum user, but hopefully I can give constructive criticism. #1 the clouds and sky is really really nice. How did you maintain the detail in the clouds and tree? Were you using a filter? Spot metering? Post process? However, as nice as the sky is, both the sun and tree seem awkward. I probably would have tried an angle with either no tree, or find a way so that it balances in the picture. Its just kinda stuck into the middle of the frame, not doing anything of importance.

#2, I don't like it. I bet it looked really cool in reality, but I have no perspective. When taking it you should ask yourself WHY it looks cool. I bet that pocket of light had a really cool effect on the ground, so I probably would have chosen a wide angle lens or wide zoom and tried to get the sky and the ground and show the effect in all its glory. Anyways, that would just be my personal opinion, but it seems like you just saw it, thought it looked cool, and snapped a photo. Thats fine, but if you want really great photos you need to try and figure out why things look cool, and try and incorporate that into your frame.

#3. I hate to be harsh but this one seems totally meaningless. It honestly looks like you just got the camera out and tested some closeups. The white on the left side is hugely distracting as well.

#4. This one is more interesting, but it feels like it is missing something... i don't know what, sorry :p

thanks for all the crit man :D

1. yeah on number one i didnt use a filter or anything i think the way the sun was behind the clouds brought out a lot of detail ... i cropped the image because it was in between two houses but i felt the houses threw off the picture (i can post it if you want to see it).

2. you are exactly right. it looked amazing in reality... but when i took this i didnt know anything about comp. or reference points.. im learning though. but thanks for the tips!

3. haha its cool, i know its just a pine tree but idk i just felt like shooting it... and yeah that white annoyed me..

4. well at least you find it somewhat interesting haha :mrgreen:

Most reactions

Back