A walk in the park - Longish Exposures

runnah

Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Cold night in the only park around for miles.

park1 by runnah555, on Flickr
Exposure 4
Aperture f/5.6
Focal Length 35 mm
ISO Speed 400

park2 by runnah555, on Flickr
Exposure 1.3
Aperture f/6.3
Focal Length 35 mm
ISO Speed 400

park3 by runnah555, on Flickr
Exposure 0.125 sec (1/8)
Aperture f/1.8
Focal Length 35 mm
ISO Speed 400

park4 by runnah555, on FlickrExposure:0.125 sec (1/8)
Aperture: f/1.8
Focal Length: 35 mm
ISO Speed: 400

I think the bench one has some potential. These almost seem too clean to be appealing though. I like a little grit to my night pictures, especially if I don't need the detail.

I think the bench one has some potential. These almost seem too clean to be appealing though. I like a little grit to my night pictures, especially if I don't need the detail.

Yep, my thoughts exactly. I might suggest changing your WB, unless you are wanting the photos to be this warm.

Stunning portraits! Just beautiful!

There's something about the bench i really love.

Sent from my Galaxy SIII using tapatalk witg erroes

Clean how? Not sure I follow...like more noise?

Thanks for the feedback everyone!!!

Yep, my thoughts exactly. I might suggest changing your WB, unless you are wanting the photos to be this warm.

I do like them to be a bit warm, because of the time of the year with everything being dead and dried out. But I could also go more cooler to accentuate the cold temps.

What do you think?

runnah said:

Noise or grain.

Yes, I think a bit more grain and slightly cooler would capture the dead and cold feeling better.

runnah said:

Noise or grain.

Oh ok. My D300 is super noisy at night so I compensated with a lower ISO to try to get it clean. I guess next time I will do the opposite. :)

runnah said:
Oh ok. My D300 is super noisy at night so I compensated with a lower ISO to try to get it clean. I guess next time I will do the opposite. :)

I also find it varies from subject to subject how clean or gritty I like night photos.

Big sweeping night landscapes I think work really well clean. Individual snippets I tend to like gritty. Just a personal preference I guess.

$bench.jpg
Cooled it off a bunch and desaturated a touch as well as adding a 5% noise filter

runnah said:

I also find it varies from subject to subject how clean or gritty I like night photos.

Big sweeping night landscapes I think work really well clean. Individual snippets I tend to like gritty. Just a personal preference I guess.

Thanks for the feedback. I agree with that statement now that I look at the photo.

Most reactions

Back