A Walk Threw Nature

IndieMe

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I wen't for a very long walk up to this park today,

I was me so happy to be alone in peace... well I did have a pigeon with me that I found on the way there, people acted like it was not even alive walking fast nearly stepping on the poor girl/guy (still have not checked). It was a beautiful yet rainy day, there was some hawks that kept flying away from me also lol, geuss there camera shy but I did manage to get some shots worth looking at and I'm pretty pleased with them, so take a look comments and feedback are always welcome. :wink:

First time using the optical zoom so far, I was about 20 feet away or more from these ducks.
Picture641-1.jpg

I don't know what I did with this photo but intresting.
Picture638.jpg

Picture643.jpg

Picture647.jpg

The Pigeon I found.
Picture649.jpg

Picture648.jpg

Picture651.jpg

Picture654.jpg

Picture656.jpg

Picture659.jpg

This would had been clear and perfect if it was not for this Dog scaring it, it's a nuthatcher (sp?)
Picture660.jpg

They are a cool series, especially the selective colouring. The hydrant (is that what it is?) in the middle of a field :D

Shame about having to break out the digital (did u mean tht ?) zoom :(

How did you achieve the background effect in #2 ? Looks cool, very abstract, but the birds are a bit aliased.

They are a cool series, especially the selective colouring. The hydrant (is that what it is?) in the middle of a field :D

Shame about having to break out the optical zoom :(

How did you achieve the background effect in #2 ? Looks cool, very abstract, but the birds are a bit aliased.
Thanks,

Yeah that was a fire hydrant in the middle of a field lol, very random.

I used this thing called strokes for the pigeons on the wire... I was bored lol and it's from my old samsung camera CD.

My optical zoom goes fast so I have to watch because sometimes my camera will turn off if I zoom it out so fast...

Maybe it's smothing to do with the batteries not sure lol.

Yeah that was a fire hydrant in the middle of a field lol, very random.

:lol: I thought it was, but i didn't want to make a fool of myself since i've never seen one before :D

The ribbon picture reminds me of something, i'm sure there was a TV advert with a similar theme, or something like that ! :)

My optical zoom goes fast so I have to watch because sometimes my camera will turn off if I zoom it out so fast...

Maybe it's smothing to do with the batteries not sure lol.

:confused:

Good pictures. I feel like you used an inferior program to resize these pictures which caused alot of jagged edges and I see noise which indicates a high iso. Try pumping the ISO down when you're out and about on a sunny day, little higher on an overcast or rainy day. But I think logically 400 should be the highest for daytime pictures. Could be wrong, if I am, I know I'll be corrected :)

Were these manual settings or presets?

Good pictures. I feel like you used an inferior program to resize these pictures which caused alot of jagged edges and I see noise which indicates a high iso. Try pumping the ISO down when you're out and about on a sunny day, little higher on an overcast or rainy day. But I think logically 400 should be the highest for daytime pictures. Could be wrong, if I am, I know I'll be corrected :)

Were these manual settings or presets?
My ISO was at Auto, 80 and 100 today.. maybe even 200 but no higher.

800 is CRAZY!

It was not sunny today so I was trying the ISO modes out, but I'll remember to turn them down on sunny days.

When I take photos sometimes I'm so into it that I forgot to switch things lol.

Sorry I don't understand the Settings or Presets part? :stun:

When I got my canon there was no CD so I use my samsung program to resize the photos. Yeah I noticed the jagged lines also, they seem to happen when I use zoom then resize them smaller, when I look at my photos on the computer those lines are never there when the photos are huge but once resize those darn lines show up again and I don't have photoshop to fix them.

Google "GIMP" it's a free program similar to Photoshop, but it's free. You might like it, but I haven't tried it. Hopefully more people will post with more programs you can use. The right programs help alot.

Strange, I wonder why the pictures look grainy, hmm.

By manual settings I mean did you set the shutter speed, iso, f stop, white balance etc, or use the presets that come with your camera.

I'll type what I've set on my camera.

The mode I used for all my shots is P. It seems the most easy.

So this is the info on my P mode that I've set.

Exp. is right in the middle.

BKT is off.

Flash is 2 dots up from minus 2.

This number part which I still don't get says:

320x240 60 FPS and there's four other options also.

The photo size is at L. (Maybe it's too large?)

The white balance is off and is set to Auto.

Now when I look at my camera I think the ISO was at 400. :blushing:

Ahhh my old samsung was so much more easy lol, but I want to learn to properly use this camera.

Am I doing good at all for a beginer with a Canon Power shot S3IS because I feel like an idiot lol..

Most reactions

Back