A working man

Jeff/fotog

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.jefferyraymond.com
This is a working man in Maine. He's the real deal in his own environment. Thought that might make for an interesting discussion.

www.jefferyraymond.com
hassen.JPG

Thanks for adding the little self-portrait to this one :D. If it hadn't been for that, I would not have been too fond of the reflection in his glasses, though. The background is quite busy PLUS where his eyes would be... that would have been a bit much WITHOUT you. With you reflected there, it is funny.
I like how you photographed him right as he was: dirty, sweating ... in his surroundings. Tough guy. Or so it seems...

-:)
yah, he looks like a really tough guy, -:)
i really like the portrait, and i think that in this case busy backround works well...for me at least-:)

anj

Cool shot. I think you really captured him well in his environment. Nice one.

Thought that might make for an interesting discussion.
Like... how did you appraoch this guy and was to take his photo? Although he may be really nice if you get to know him, I'd have been tempted not to ask. But then, I'm a little shy. ;)
Nice subject though. :)

Thanks for all your kind attention to the image. For over 30 years I have been taking academic, abstract pictures; feeling that if I photographed an individual it would somehow take something from them (perhaps weird, but...).

Lately, I have been asking people who in their work environment if I could photograph them and found them welcoming. The guy in this picture was a real sweetheart, as it turns out. He works along the side of the road in rural Maine making clam digger's tools by hand. He was flattered; no one else had ever stopped and just spoke with him.

Funny how photography can change YOUR life too.

www.jefferyraymond.com

Most reactions

New Topics

Back