a Workshop with Mr. Ken Newcombe

Raymond J Barlow

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.raymondbarlow.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I met Ken a few times while hanging around some cool shooting areas, and found him to be a good fellow, and extremely knowledgeable. I later learned he is internationally famous for his bird photography, in fact, the Royal Canadian Mint just bought a photo file of him for use on a future coin.

He asked me if I was interested in joining a workshop/seminar and I was happy to attend, and enjoy a full day today gaining knowledge about the art of bird photography. I put some of his teachings to work in the following shots... Thanks Ken! http://www.kennewcombe.com/ << amazing website

websz0002.jpg

feb26068.jpg

websz0004.jpg

websz0005.jpg

websz0006.jpg

websz0007.jpg

websz0001b.jpg

There will be more on the website later.. lots to edit still.

Thanks for looking!

Wow, many great shots here, very nice. What was the setup you were using to take these shots with.

A side note, many other forums suggest posting shot info like camera, lens, aperture, focal length etc. It really helps everyone viewing that might be interested in the same type of shot.

# 5 and 7

Holy crap :crazy::drool:
After viewing and admiring your photos for awhile now, I must say, I think you've hit a new level with these two. Amazing clarity.:sexywink:

Insomniac said:
Wow, many great shots here, very nice. What was the setup you were using to take these shots with.

A side note, many other forums suggest posting shot info like camera, lens, aperture, focal length etc. It really helps everyone viewing that might be interested in the same type of shot.

I use a D70, and Nikon 80-400VR..

If you go to my website, all the exif data is there for all shots.

ah, here's part 1, wasn't sure if i'd seen it. Outstanding again ray, like the first one were it looks like they're jostling for position :thumbup:

I like the Nuthatch in #3. Our European ones look a little different, but they show the same behaviour that I think your one is exhibiting - hiding food. The pair that visit my garden feeders have planted sunflower seeds all over the place, including in the moss on the roof, where they all germinated. We call them gardener birds.

Thomsk

These I think are better than usual. They seem like a progression of your work and skills. Good job.

Raymond J Barlow said:
thanks! I was wondering if anyone noticed the wood duck in the first shot?

that was the first thing i noticed, and i was like "what is he doing in there?? maybe he's a little confused..." :crazy:

great shots, sounds like a wonderful experience!

green bars/rep has been removed, there is a thread around here somewhere explaining why... your imaginary green bar is maxed out on my screen... ;)

thanks fellers! cool of you guys to type up a comment!

thanks Daniel.. I feel like i have been in a huge learning curve over the last few months, especially since I started hanging out with Airic and the guys., also, meeting Ken has helped.. everytime we meet out in the field, he uploads new info into my wee brain! it really helps to be around great photogs.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back