AAAGGHH! I've been asked to.....

If your nervous about it, don't do it. However you can always take your camera and take pictures as part of the 'crowd'.

Ha, a "professional" around Chicago will do a whole wedding for $500. I just found some on Craigs List. How sick is that? Digital photography has so many people running around with cameras, everyone is a wedding photographer these days. :)

Lol thats why they say "you get what you pay for."
LOL, true... but many new couples are looking to save money so they naturally go with the guy at $500 over the real pro with experience at $2,000 or more.

Here's what you get for your $500:

251x375.aspx

:D

OUCH :lol:

I was asked to do this by a friend a while ago and it was a total disaster. I used a Nikon F80 (film) and a Tamron zoom which turned up to the wedding faulty, stuck on f22. All shots were virtually unusable. Fortunately, there were plenty of other photos, and the couple is not too fussy, so we are still friends, but I would NEVER do it again. The responsibility is too great. My initial gut feeling was the same as yours...AAAGGHH...

If it were my sister, I would buy her a pro as a wedding gift, and enjoy the wedding in a relaxed state.

You guys can tell me that I'm still making a mistake, but I'm confident and so are the bride and groom.

my issue with this is that you can only go so far in trying to set expectations but every bride is expecting magazine photos from anyone with a "big" camera. when they get p&s quality results back naturally they are upset because no matter what you told them they didn't hear any of it and they are still expecting themselves to somehow look like a supermodel and the pictures to be magazine quality.

Not necessarily. As Breanna said, the couple has NO other option. And for some people its either that or nothing at all. I'd rather take "that" versus nothing at all.

You guys can tell me that I'm still making a mistake, but I'm confident and so are the bride and groom.

my issue with this is that you can only go so far in trying to set expectations but every bride is expecting magazine photos from anyone with a "big" camera. when they get p&s quality results back naturally they are upset because no matter what you told them they didn't hear any of it and they are still expecting themselves to somehow look like a supermodel and the pictures to be magazine quality.

Not necessarily. As Breanna said, the couple has NO other option. And for some people its either that or nothing at all. I'd rather take "that" versus nothing at all.

true. i'm sure there can be some people that are realistic and would be very grateful. but no one shares those stories :p

Most reactions

New Topics

Back