aaahhh ... why?!

mentos_007

The Freshmaker!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
ahhh today I had the meeting of local photogs society. The guy, German actually, who lives here, told us that he teaches a group of 9-14 yr old kids basics of traditional photography. Today he showed us their works...
I stood silently, gazing motionless on those photographs. Yes, they were PHOTOGRAPHS in the full meaning of this word. I just couldn make a comment on the pictures. They were so fascinating, brilliant ideas, perfect composition and of course all the darkroom stuff made by those kids. I was breathless. Those kids are so amazing! Suddenly I felt like a "snapshooter", "tourist with a cam" and nothing more. Damn. I wish there had been any photo courses for kids when I was younger :/
Even the president of the society was stunned by the photographs... it is incredible how young people can be creative. ahhh I know you have some more serious problems to discuss here, but I'm just... angry... and upset :/ My works are not even half as good as those presented on the meeting. Crap. ehhh ... I had to tell you this... sorry guys.

...and when I got home from the meet-up, the best photographs I had, were the ones I didn't take - work that one out ;)

Your never gonna feel your work is good, but it is good mentos, and they may have been the ABSOLUTE best of the FEW kids, you dunno the full story...

Like Artemis said, what you were seeing was probably the best of the best. Even I get a great shot once in a while.. :lmao:

I had reason to go through every shot I have taken since getting my Canon a year ago last April... and let me tell you there is a lot of garbage in there... but once in a while I would find that one shot that just made me smile..

I know you have a few of those too Mentos. Go find one of your favorites and study it for a while and those feelings will all go away :)

...and remember, you were seeing their work for the first time.

your work seems old and mundane to you cause you've been working with it and composing it for presentation and in a way it's lost it's spontaneous appeal to you for the moment. i guarantee you'll get the same response that you felt about theirs when they view your work.

you're good Alexandra. don't let your mind get ya!

And how much of that work was theirs? As in, how often did they get pointers from teacher? And as others have said, you're seeing the best of their work there, not the God knows how many other photos they've taken which were probably pants (just like everyone else).

Don't forget either, that young kids pick up on things extremely quickly. They're like sponges and full of energy to. Don't be too surprised if they can take some stunning photos.

And, Aleksandra, don't ever doubt your talent because you're good, and you know it.

ah thanks for it... but I still have this picture in my mind... but you know what?! Today morning, I woke up, and told myself that... that picture was not mys tyle :p it's not my style of photography so I don't need to take sucha a pictures... :) yeah I do like finding an optimistic part of life in everything :)

Kids suck. I say ban them all! ;-) I know these two little kids, 7 and 9 year olds who are fluent (well as fluent as 7 and 9 year olds can be) in English, French, Spanish and German. And I just spent the past 7 years studying french. Grrrr! :grumpy:

But everyone else is right. You're stuff is amazing! You don't need to be just like other people - coz that would be boring. Be yourself in your photos and other people will like them aswell for sure.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back