AARRRGGHHHH!!!!

Synergy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
My fiancĂ© has just won two tickets for a 1hr 45minute supersonic trip on Concorde. I love Concorde, it gracefully roars over my house everyday! Thing is although I love aeroplanes I have a fear of flying phobia! She’ll be taken her mum or my sister. I’m a tad frustrated to say the least (with myself)

BMW-M6

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
why do you fear flying?

is it not having control of the situation or the fear of crashing?

manda

instigator of pottymouthedness
Reaction score
Website
www.lyptonvillage.org
wow
thats a really big thing to give up synergy...
think about it a lot before she asks the other people matey
i love planes

OP
S

Synergy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I developed FOF after a dodgy landing at Heathrow, I have flown since 3 times but each one was a nightmare for me. Going on Concorde should be something I look forward to but I would just panic about it everyday and then be terrified on the day!

Specifically, what I fear about flying is being trapped and not being able to get out if I want to. I hate turbulence and if there is any, I just want to stop and get off but can’t! So I’m going to photograph Concorde instead! I’m a little sad that I won’t be going on it but not that bothered, I love watching it fly over my house regularly and was inspired to write this little verse…

As I look out of my front window, strangely the skies suddenly become empty and silent but then I see her in the distance, The Concorde flying silently towards me, the anticipation building as if the goddess of the skies is blessing me with a visit.
By the time I run out of the front door and look up, her four Olympus engines are tearing the sky in two as she performs a graceful bank to starboard and then she’s off into the sunset.

OP
S

Synergy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
France has stopped flying Concorde but British Airways are still flying from Heathrow to New York. I think their last flight is at the end of October. i saw some pics recently, with one of Air France's Concorde being transported to a museum in Germany with its wings clipped! :cry:

Dew

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
i had a fof, so i feel ya .. i would clinch on my hubby with tears rolling down my eyes .... my fear is mainly with heights

Most reactions

New Topics