That is a fine series of study....I really liked how you started the series with just a hint of what is behind....The color of the car was your plus point...which merges well with the color of the rust and the rest of things....
A story well told :thumbsup:
Thank you Frequency I love the colour of the car! If not for that colour I doubt I would have spotted it in the woods as we drove past and agree it worked very well against the rust and browns of the woods.
Thank you iPhoto, I intentionally shot typical shots as it was so overgrown around it and distracting so I tried to get individual details of the car to offset that. I didn't shoot much inside, the seats were springs and it was full of leaves/dirt/garbage over the level of the seats, perhaps another visit I will try to get more of the inside, thanks for the suggestion
the third one and the steering wheel ones are my favorites, the colors are nice and crisp, its a shame someone would just abandon a classic car like this
Thanks iPhoto I like the steering wheel shot and the 5th one (crashed front end), it stands out to me and makes me wonder if that is why the car ended up in the woods.
I agree it is a shame, it was obviously a gorgeous car in it's day! We visited an old abandoned farmhouse up the road from the car yesterday also, you have to wonder what makes people just walk away...
do you have any shots of the house? i really love looking at photos of abandonment and decay, theres a few abandoned houses around me but tons of no trespassing signs of course
Judi, good find. Now go back on an overcast day. No shadows, more "surface", and deeper colour saturation. You got the subject, you got the skills. Give it to us.
IPhoto, I have a thread in general gallery with some shots of it ( I'd post the link but I'm on my iPod ) and there are more in my Flickr (link in my signature) we are in a very rural area so while some are posted "No Trespassing" many aren't. There is a site that lists many places and the plan is to work through the list
Pgriz, thank you!! You sure know how to make a girl smile I'll definitely revisit the car before the leaves really come out on the trees, and make it a cloudy day