What's new

Abandoned Cemetery

I was very surprised with all the negative vignette comments. Timor is correct, this could have been composed into a beautiful "Ansel Adams style" photograph, but it would have taken on a completely different feel. The look that the OP was striving for was obviously not a technically perfect print, but more one that could have been snapped 100 years ago by an averge person with average equipment.
The "showing off" comment is totally ridiculous. Long before the era of the computer jockey, vignetting was done with a simple mask kept in motion during the the print exposure...HARDLY a "showing off" procedure compared to some of the things I see in here.
 
The "showing off" comment is totally ridiculous.
Oh, come on Rick, you could said, that my comment was just "too much". But OK. That's my punishment for use of ridiculous words.
But didn't I say that the picture looks good to me ? Anyway it was an answer to unpopular query "I would wonder what the point is" if he could not see anything else in that picture. It was not intended for OP. Sorry.
 
Nice old-time look to the photo. Perhaps a bit of grain would complete it.
 
The "showing off" comment is totally ridiculous.
Oh, come on Rick, you could said, that my comment was just "too much". But OK. That's my punishment for use of ridiculous words.
But didn't I say that the picture looks good to me ? Anyway it was an answer to unpopular query "I would wonder what the point is" if he could not see anything else in that picture. It was not intended for OP. Sorry.

You know what? Maybe you're right. I may have come off a little strong. Sorry. To me anyway, some pictures can be just nice or fun to look at without being technically perfect. For me this is just a fun picture to look at.

...and Fanboy, I think your grain idea would be icing on the cake.
Oh and BTW, I'd know that pagoda anywhere. That fern in my gallery was taken just above the South St. cemetary.
 
The "showing off" comment is totally ridiculous.
Oh, come on Rick, you could said, that my comment was just "too much". But OK. That's my punishment for use of ridiculous words.
But didn't I say that the picture looks good to me ? Anyway it was an answer to unpopular query "I would wonder what the point is" if he could not see anything else in that picture. It was not intended for OP. Sorry.

You know what? Maybe you're right. I may have come off a little strong. Sorry. To me anyway, some pictures can be just nice or fun to look at without being technically perfect. For me this is just a fun picture to look at.

...and Fanboy, I think your grain idea would be icing on the cake.
Oh and BTW, I'd know that pagoda anywhere. That fern in my gallery was taken just above the South St. cemetary.

Well, vignetting is super easily done in today's editing software. My reason for making mention of it here is the vignette is encroaching on the subjects.
 
Oh, come on Rick, you could said, that my comment was just "too much". But OK. That's my punishment for use of ridiculous words.
But didn't I say that the picture looks good to me ? Anyway it was an answer to unpopular query "I would wonder what the point is" if he could not see anything else in that picture. It was not intended for OP. Sorry.

You know what? Maybe you're right. I may have come off a little strong. Sorry. To me anyway, some pictures can be just nice or fun to look at without being technically perfect. For me this is just a fun picture to look at.

...and Fanboy, I think your grain idea would be icing on the cake.
Oh and BTW, I'd know that pagoda anywhere. That fern in my gallery was taken just above the South St. cemetary.

Well, vignetting is super easily done in today's editing software. My reason for making mention of it here is the vignette is encroaching on the subjects.
I hear that. It would have been nice to have slightly more border so the vignetting wouldn't clip the outer crosses, but I don't think I would narrow the vignetting. IMO,the hard, wide vignetting is what "ages" this print
 
sf-20.jpg



sf-21.jpg
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom