Abandoned Factory photos C&C

Smeethan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
These are just a few photos from an abandoned factory I went to last month. I'm basically a total beginner, but I do understand all of the exposure basics ( F-number, aperture, iso, ect.) so give me some honest C&C.

1. IMG_0325 by Shmeethan, on Flickr

IMG_0209 by Shmeethan, on Flickr

IMG_0281 by Shmeethan, on Flickr

looking at photo 3 now I wish I had cropped the ceiling out of the picture it seems to distracting.

Thanks in advance.

Welcome sir

@1: i liked the quality of the image; i think the tilt you added was not necessary; the tapering would give it the required effect even otherwise :D
@2: This image does not have any point of interest, i am afraid
@3: the pattern set by windows is good

The important shortcoming as a whole is that they don't have an abandoned look; it looks too tidy to be abandoned ;)

Regards :D

I like the angle in number one and how the lines of the building and edge of the photo are almighty parallel on the far left and top left.

But then again... I do Luke to angle my photos sometimes and others don't think it's needed or technically correct.

The third has the most promise. I agree about cropping the ceiling and I'd also crop the last window on the right so the light areas fill the frame better and you have a stronger diagonal line with the brightest spot in the image less centered. The exposure is good, although there might be a little detail missing in the bright patch.

The second is not bad, although a bit overexposed in the sunny spots. I might crop the dark strip along the left.

The third has the most promise. I agree about cropping the ceiling and I'd also crop the last window on the right so the light areas fill the frame better and you have a stronger diagonal line with the brightest spot in the image less centered. The exposure is good, although there might be a little detail missing in the bright patch.

Thanks for the feedback guys! Here is a second photo same shot but slightly less exposed and cropped as you recommended. I like how it looks.

4. IMG_0282 by Shmeethan, on Flickr

Good; would waiting or being earlier have given you the light boxes fell on the wall without intersecting with the windows on this wall?

I really like the second and third for the light shadow play. Very nice.

Good; would waiting or being earlier have given you the light boxes fell on the wall without intersecting with the windows on this wall?

Not sure that would have been good to wait, but it was freezing cold that day only spent about an hour and a half shooting overall.

Most reactions

Back