What's new

Abandoned Gas Station - 2 pics

Mike Lamb

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Joined
Jun 7, 2009
Messages
1,641
Reaction score
598
Location
Chicago
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
smallstation800_zps0ee0f5f6.jpg


bw800_zps63820698.jpg
 
I like the perspective on the 1st one. 2nd one does nothing for me.
 
I like both of these. Very cool - the first one is dramatic and captures something rather pedestrian in an interesting way whereas the second is more subdued, but also more telling. Nice images.
 
I like both. I think you were going for a certain "mood" and you pulled it off quite nicely. I was going to say to straighten the 2nd image, but the building in the thing that is tilting! lol

The "Yes were open" sign really helps the first pic, I love that!
 
I like the color one best. I find the area of grass/rocks/messed up pavement in the foreground draws my attention from the buiding but I think maybe it adds to the feeling of "abandoned" you are showing here.
 
I like both. I think you were going for a certain "mood" and you pulled it off quite nicely. I was going to say to straighten the 2nd image, but the building in the thing that is tilting! lol

The "Yes were open" sign really helps the first pic, I love that!

I want to echo this. The second one is great IMO because the ground and structure is framing the building.

And you can take that to the bank because I am known as a compositional expert around these parts. :lmao::lol:
 
I agree the second is better, but I would crop the sides. There is too much distraction in the background on both sides and the pillar in the foreground. Making it closer to square would direct attention better to the building.
 
Thanks.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom