Abandoned house, and some homless people.

noob873

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
C&C please, advice apreciated. :)
Already posted a couple of them, but thought I would include them with these.

DSC_1068a.jpg

DSC_1065a.jpg

DSC_1060a.jpg

DSC_1054c.jpg

DSC_1046c.jpg

DSC_0778a.jpg

DSC_0774a.jpg

The house pictures seem a little dark and lack a subject really. It's hard to see what you were trying to show. The homeless pictures seem to me like they are an invasion of privacy. Did you ask them if they wanted to be photographed?

The house pictures seem a little dark and lack a subject really. It's hard to see what you were trying to show. The homeless pictures seem to me like they are an invasion of privacy. Did you ask them if they wanted to be photographed?
If they are out in the public, it isn't illegal to photograph people(in the US)

It's his decision if he wants to or not.
just fyi

btw, I like the last one. :thumbup:

Sorry I don t like too much for the following reasons:

- B&W very dark, you loose a lot of details to my opinion
- house picture no real interest to me and people picture your composition is weak , you have too many distracting and parasite object in the background for example in the 2 of people
- N 1 with homeless people the border are too close to the man and to my opinion it is not really nice

One more think I feel like you took these pictures very quickly, from behind, maybe you were scared than they see you .

I think you can not take good shots like this, better to take your time for composition, be close to them and be visible and to accept the fact that they will maybe see you and talk with them after, if they don't want you take them in picture it s OK you delete. If no it will be more like paparazi shots to my opinion and not really personnal shots ;)

I really like the first homeless man shot. I love the sign on the bench, the angle, and the position the man is in. I think the house shots and others are good photos, but I don't feel like they portray quite as much.

If they are out in the public, it isn't illegal to photograph people(in the US)

It's his decision if he wants to or not.
just fyi

btw, I like the last one. :thumbup:

It may not be "illegal" but it is unethical. Shove a camera in most people's faces without asking and they wont be to happy. Especially if you post those pictures on the internet, also without their permission.

I really like the picture of the homeless guy on the bench. Great shot. and as far as privacy is concerned 1. It's perfectly legal 2. The people are hardly identifiable

It may not be "illegal" but it is unethical. Shove a camera in most people's faces without asking and they wont be to happy. Especially if you post those pictures on the internet, also without their permission.

Yeah, I'm sure all those homeless people are going to stumble across photos of themselves on the internet :lmao:

It is your opinion that it is unethical and it is everyones right to voice an opinion. At least in a free society. I don't see where the individuals can be identified in these pics, so it is a non issue in my opinion. Some of the best historical urban photography by true masters is of street people, and most are of faces that can be identified. Photography is best in my opinion when it artfully and truthfully displays the human condition.

Most reactions

Back