Abandoned Places

bradster76

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Anything left fogotten, abandoned, and decaying. Nothing like an old, disused factory, house, or hospital. I guess it takes a certain personality to go inside some musty building and take photos. I do get strange looks when I tell some people about it.

1. Water buckets and tram.
101875-R1-02-22A.jpg

2. Two from an abandoned mental facility:
NewImage2.jpg

NewImage.jpg

3. Lonely chair:
54230011.jpg

I agree bradster; I think these are beautiful. I want my wedding pictures done somewhere like #1...

Thanks :) Personally, I have a thing for chairs and peeling paint, too.

Older photos from the only abandoned place I know of (around where I live), a burnt down farm and farm house...

040.jpg

039.jpg

036.jpg

035.jpg

034a_crop.jpg

033.jpg

030.jpg

029.jpg

028.jpg

026.jpg

Oooo nice place Lafoto. :) the barn and killfloor looks in good shape. Did you ever go in the house? I do like the barn insides, looks like all this was pretty recent. (within 15 years, that is lol.)

These are a few from the now demoed "Washington Heights" Munisipal (sp?) housing in the center of Utica, NY. These were taken on the last three days of her existance. Some of the inside and outside. She was built in the '70's roughly and was deemed condemned due to a drug lab being found in one of the buildings. The residents were evacuated and sent to Hell (for all I care) and then 4 months later they brought in the bulldozers and dumptrucks.

1. From one of the bedrooms.
37.jpg

2. Typical UE hall shot.
35.jpg

34.jpg

29.jpg

5. The outside, north end. This is how I got in, ;). Didn't have to pry open anything this trip, lol. I did however walk right past the guys on the bobcats and the...uhh...spinning things with the long shovels...w/e they call them. Spinning shovel trucks. Yah.
28.jpg

27.jpg

Washington Heights. Now a comuter parking lot.

Last edited:
This is a garage that used to be part of a steel mill. I don't really know why but this is one of my favorite pictures I've taken. It's very simple.

41d279f5.jpg

ahhhh this has turned into an urbex thread. :D

I like it, too Chris. Steel Mills are always cool to explore. lol, I was driven out of one in Utica they were demolishing, and kinda sucked because it was very old and huge. I did get a few photos of it I'll stick on here (if I can find em) before I was told to leave. Damn place was like 2 miles long and 1mile wide and still had machines and stuff in the main production wing. GAWD I wanted to get interior shots!! ;)

Nice photo, it's very subtle and has that 'lonley' feeling to it.

I've only been able to find one abandoned place (a small house), I have some pictures of it - but apparently not on this computer, I'll have to dig through my back-up disks...

I wish I had gotten some better ones though... Can't go back for more (it burned down).

yea..essex, england. '39 vintage.

Could you pack it up and ship it to me here in the states? :D

sorry..man..i..just..already..sold..it..on..ebay

Most reactions

Back