Abandoned Places

Nice shots, J7. I love old pillboxes! A buddy of mine said there were some near the border of Mass. and NY, but has been done in pretty bad by local chavs. Still, I'll have to check them out. Rough area in NY as usual, right on the Hudson river.

This is an intersting place. Why? Due to several factors.
A. Approx. 13 people died over the 109 years of this site's hayday, due to injuries and illness of dust, gases and asbestos.
B. It is said to be completely haunted which I had some weird **** happen while I was there.
C. They gave up on the asbestos clean up due to the workers saying they see "shadows" walking about and hear voices talking upstairs. And doors shutting and opening when there is only three workers DOWNSTAIRS. The EPA workers refused to return. While I shortly visited, my cell phone began to cut on and off, car acted funny, and flashlight cutoff on me. I saw a light come on in some office upstairs, despite the fact that there is no power to the place. As soon as I left, everything worked correctly again. I prob. could of captured an EVP or two here. Anyways, here a few:

1. The popular tower.
453957-R1-22-2A.jpg

2. Spot where my car lights flickered, wipers came on (when the car was off) and Maglite went dead.
453957-R1-21-3A.jpg

3. Since I couldn't get inside, I got this lousy window shot: yah it sucks.
453957-R1-23-1A.jpg

@bradster76 - yea these are chaved-up on the inside too .)

Nice stuff ev1, keep em coming! ;)

@Bonso: Nice tunnel pic. I didn't think it to be a regular draining pic, but rather a tunnel under something...hehe leaves me wondering. Sweet lighting job.

@J7: figured it would be. One's up here are, too, sadly. Most of the tagging is really lousy. lol.

No particular order or one particular site :mrgreen:

1. Basement of an old church.
28100020.jpg

28100018.jpg

3. Main hallway of the church.
28100016.jpg

49320025.jpg

I got a few....I have not gotten into any yet but...

Uni-Mart 2 locations, Abanodned two or three years now.
008_2.jpg

002-1.jpg

A couple gas stations, Abandoned more than ten years
0009.jpg

0002.jpg

A bar, Abandoned a couple years prior to this image
scan0021.jpg

Unknown, It's been abandoned as long as I can remember
006.jpg

Railroad station, Erie Railroad, Abandoned before I was born.
scan0001_4.jpg

Haha, I know where you are now, Battou! I've been to the last two sites you have there :lol: We'll have to go check out some places sometime. I know a few that are really cool. I tried to get into that firestation (second last pic), but it's well watched over and there is another one near Rome that is used now for firefighter's practice. It used to be an old fiber plant...from what I hear.

oh man, I SO would not mind exploring those last two.

Opened in 1880's, and closed its' doors in 1960's. Sat abandoned until 2 years ago, to be demolished for additional housing. These were taken at that time, and is now long gone, sadly. The plant was one of the largest in eastern NY, competing with Bethlehem Steel, in PA (now at Sparrow's Point, MD....which I've been past many times). As far as I know there is only one active steel mill in NY, could be wrong though.

Due to getting driven off the grounds, I only got a few shots in. Eh, not the greatest quality, but any C/C helps. TY.

929880-R1-07-17A.jpg

929880-R1-08-16A.jpg

929880-R1-11-13A.jpg

929880-R1-14-10A.jpg

Haha, I know where you are now, Battou! I've been to the last two sites you have there :lol: We'll have to go check out some places sometime. I know a few that are really cool. I tried to get into that firestation (second last pic), but it's well watched over and there is another one near Rome that is used now for firefighter's practice. It used to be an old fiber plant...from what I hear.

Lol, yeah, I'd say it's well watched over, It's on the main drag. You can't get within ten feet of it with out being seen. I have not tried to gain access to any of these places yet simply due to time constraing and the fact I still have not yet gotten shots of all the abandoned structures here in town. It may be a bit easier now though as the moose lodge is now vacent and has been so for a few years. Approaching from behind may be possible now but she is boarded up tight

The Hospital has been abandoned for a wile now too, That is one place I've been meening to get to, but it too is fairly well garded just about everytime I get close to it a either Seneca Nation Martial comes out of no where or he is sitting there in the parking lot. There is a bar on main street that just isn't sellin and has been vacent and falling appart for atleast a year as well as some miscelanious houses dotted here and there.

Like this one
house1.jpg

Lots to find, The city and the nation are more concerned with the upkeep on the other end of town. It's all they seem to give a rats ass about.

Damn, hospital is abandoned now? Ugh, missin' the good stuff :confused: There's gotta be a time when some guard isn't around....but then again I never count on that. I try to work around it *evil grin*. If there are guards, then that probably means they have plans for it, or the "owner" does not want possible chavs around it. Have to check it out sometime.

And yah, I tried the train station, too. No go for that one; too many eyes around. Too bad, it'd be a hell of an explore!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back