Abandoned Places

You look like you're ready to do an asbestos abatement. :p

Unfortunately, I can't do that in NYC. No carrying ladders or wearing a full suit. That's just asking for a "Sir, can I see some ID (before I shoot you)?"

Any true UEr has dirty lungs and scars to go with them. Even though I keep my respirator on me, I have been around molds of a kazzilion different types, dusts, animal feces (heh, found human, too), collapsing floors/walls, asbestos, rust, you name it....I've also face it on every explore. It's part of the game, as well as dodging security and wandering, nosey neighbors who like to dial police for us Oh so harmful explorers.

What bothers me the most is that "I'll be mr. friggin' hero today and dial the cops on this guy with a camera" B.S. This is NY, so I get people approaching me all the time when I'm near a neighborhood or industrial area that is closeby. Pretty sick of it when they are ready to leagalize a narcotic and say "Oh it's okay if everyone runs around stoned", but I have to get cuffed and stuffed for taking shots of an old building??? WTF? I had this guy dial the pigs on me for taking outside shots of a old train depot, covered in weeds. Yah, everyone prob. forgot the damn thing was there. I was on the sidewalk setting up a shot when here comes along a cop. I was forced to put my gear away and leave. I wasn't even on the property!! Ugh...the more people I meet, the more I like my dog. I swear, people can be such jerks. It's all the coppertheives and chavers that make us explorers look bad I think. I saw this shirt once that said "Just a photographer and explorer. Not a terrorist". I love that! ;)

Rant over. Sorry, had to get that out. lol.

Any true UEr has dirty lungs and scars to go with them. Even though I keep my respirator on me, I have been around molds of a kazzilion different types, dusts, animal feces (heh, found human, too), collapsing floors/walls, asbestos, rust, you name it....I've also face it on every explore. It's part of the game, as well as dodging security and wandering, nosey neighbors who like to dial police for us Oh so harmful explorers.

What bothers me the most is that "I'll be mr. friggin' hero today and dial the cops on this guy with a camera" B.S. This is NY, so I get people approaching me all the time when I'm near a neighborhood or industrial area that is closeby. Pretty sick of it when they are ready to leagalize a narcotic and say "Oh it's okay if everyone runs around stoned", but I have to get cuffed and stuffed for taking shots of an old building??? WTF? I had this guy dial the pigs on me for taking outside shots of a old train depot, covered in weeds. Yah, everyone prob. forgot the damn thing was there. I was on the sidewalk setting up a shot when here comes along a cop. I was forced to put my gear away and leave. I wasn't even on the property!! Ugh...the more people I meet, the more I like my dog. I swear, people can be such jerks. It's all the coppertheives and chavers that make us explorers look bad I think. I saw this shirt once that said "Just a photographer and explorer. Not a terrorist". I love that! ;)

Rant over. Sorry, had to get that out. lol.

That reminds me, Did you ever make it to slapamonky?

I have been planning on getting this one house I pass every day on my way to work, but it never plays out but any who. Due to my scedual I have a hard time aranging any sort of meetup, but in the next couple weeks my available time should shoot threw the roof, perhaps we can finagle some arangements. Local police know me well, I doubt there would be anything to worry about there :lol:

2. Two from an abandoned mental facility:
NewImage2.jpg

3. Lonely chair:
That mental facility looks creepy!

Eh, not even a chance of a break here, Battou :banghead: Renovating is taking up all my time, it sucks. I haven't had one day out of this damn house, they sold us a real pain in the ass, and lied about it all.....ggrrr I'm so mad! I'll try and make it out in the next couple weeks or so. Hopefully. I'll let ya know.

@C677T:
The place IS very creepy, very eerie. I explored that hospital many times, and everytime I was inside I could hear sounds from other rooms, whispers and weird crap when I was the only one there. I went to visit the "women's" section of the place and got some cold spots in that area, and my electrical gear would flicker and go out then come back on a few mins. later. So, one day I went in with my dig.voice recorder and recorded what sounded like a baby crying and a mother talking but I couldn't understand it. I used to get a very angry and vengeful feeling from there.

Eh, not even a chance of a break here, Battou :banghead: Renovating is taking up all my time, it sucks. I haven't had one day out of this damn house, they sold us a real pain in the ass, and lied about it all.....ggrrr I'm so mad! I'll try and make it out in the next couple weeks or so. Hopefully. I'll let ya know.

Once school starts I'll have my days back so....untill then I am equally as occupied :lmao:

Oops...double post. Doh!

Here's a few more of a abandoned school I visited a few times. The place is falling apart, and in some places the roof is ready to fall right on you.

1. Stacks of documents were everywhere.
FH000007.jpg

FH000008.jpg

3. Stage.
FH000010.jpg

FH000006.jpg

5. Water damage to a classroom.
FH000015.jpg

6. Exit. Stage right.
FH000011.jpg

Sorry for the multiple posts. I just got this film back...so I can't wait on posting some! :hail:

1. They painted over part of it.
FH000006.jpg

FH000008.jpg

FH000010.jpg

As a regular user you do have the ability to delete the oops posts, the only posts a regular user can not delete is a thread starter post, any other post made by a user can be deleted by that user.

Doh! Thanks for the tip. Didn't know I could do that, actually. :lol:

Eh...some various ones from recent explores:

FH000004.jpg

FH000013.jpg

FH000015.jpg

FH000018.jpg

UE potty shot:
FH000020.jpg

Most reactions

Back