Abandoned School Shoot--Route 666

KristinaS

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.kristinaserafiniphoto.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Me and some friends went away for the weekend to the mountains and while we were there, visited an old, abandoned school for a little photo shoot. The place was creepy as hell--dilapidated and full of the most random crap--not to mention located on Route 666. Seriously.
Here are a few from the day. Lemme know what you think.

2819592815_92c3620619.jpg

2819541463_d3d1b1aff5.jpg

2820342282_27c2e26c9b.jpg

2820342272_a8815c5d10.jpg

Wow! Really nice stuff!! Love your creativity and your use of light! 1 is my favorite, gave me the chills! The second one would be awesome but I can't figure out why she's standing on that thing? 3's b&w conversion rocks. the 4th is just a bit too busy i think.. good work!

#1 and #3 are my favorites. I agree #1 totally creeps me out.. You would totally get kudo's from chiller, I believe.

I really like #2, lighting and everything is perfect plus the shadowy figure in the background adds so much to the creepy setting.

@ Tirediron: Thank you!
@ KellyLindsey: Thank you! She probably shouldn't be standing on that metal crate, but we were doing other shoots using it and honestly, I just got caught up in the moment and forget to tell her to get down. She's super short, so it gave her some height in the other photos. I understand about the clutter, but ironically, that was my favorite of the shoot. I liked all of the colors and the juxtaposition of all this random stuff in the school room.
@ BigBully: Creepy was exactly what I was going for, so I'm glad it worked. I was actually originally going to post these in the dark side section, but for some reason, didn't. Hopefully Chiller will check them out :) Thanks for taking the time to comment.
@ LeSueur24: Putting my friend in the shadow was totally a last minute idea, so I'm glad it worked out they way it did. The lighting down there (this was the basement of the school by the way) was too perfect for me not to try and do something creepy with it. Thanks!

I like them good job. #1&2 are totally creepy. Oh and by the way the house in #3 and 4 I have seen go for around $50 on eBay at Christmas time. LOL

@ Maytay: Thanks! I wish I would have know about the Fisher Price house. I would have swiped it!! :biggrin:
@ Leech:Thanks a bunch! All of the photos were taken using available light.

These are awesome awesome awesome! I don't know which one I like the most

The first two are great, they could be stills from a movie :thumbup:

The last 2 are good also, but all the background clutter seems to take away from the portrait

Great setting though, seemed like it was fun to shoot there! :mrgreen:

@ Maytay: Thanks! I wish I would have know about the Fisher Price house. I would have swiped it!! :biggrin:
@ Leech:Thanks a bunch! All of the photos were taken using available light.

Wow, great use of natural light :thumbup:! I was thinking you had used a strobe in the first two!

@ Lisa: Thank you! I'm a photojournalist at heart, not a portrait photographer, so that probably got in the way of the last two. :) You have some great work on your flickr. I added you as a contact.
@ Leech: Nope, no strobe. We were fortunate enough to have the door lit by an open door to the outside that was right up a staircase on the right. If that makes sense.

Most reactions

Back