lizheaemma

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.alipearsonphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Went on an abandoned places adventure...

turnedon.jpg

thebigpicture.jpg

churchsteeple.jpg

church2.jpg

cautiondoor.jpg

Really like #4. Looks like a great place to do a shoot.

I love these types of images. So many possibilities, I could get lost for days shooting places like this.

First off, good on you for getting a variety of shots! I love to see those little details in a scene like this, it helps so much to tell the story.

#1 I find there is too much going on with this image. Including the whole as well as keeping it smack and center don't help with the composition, it adds many lines and places to look, my eye wanders and gets confused. However, my eye is drawn to the little tag with the numbers on the right hand side. I would love to have seen a much closer shot of this element, putting it really up front and in your face in the frame. There is so much beauty in the rust, I feel you are too far to let us appreciate it

#2 Not sure I am liking the angle of this shot. The green foliage is striking and keeps my attention, and not the abandonned elements inside. I also don't like see someone's house in there, removes from the story of the area. A close up on those pieces of window frame on the upper left would be nice, or if the space permits (and I know you can be limited in shooting angles in places like this), shooting that frame straight on might of given a nice image. A slightly higher exposure to get more detail in the darks and blow out the outside somewhat might be interesting, and then convert it to BW

#3 Those pieces of tree on the lower right kill the image. Any possibility of moving to your left a bit to get those branches out, and then possibly keeping a similar angle on the roof, but having more of it in?

#4 Just screams HDR.

#5 Dont like your choice of shooting angle here, looks too much like a "I was walking by and snapped this real quick". As with #1, too center composed and you have alot of elements / empty area around the main subject. Much closer in on that broken roof, playing with the lettering on the door up close, moving to your right and shooting through the diagonal roof supports.

Lots of potential with the area. However, your images make me think you were either just breezing through and snapped some shots or you were there more for urban exploration and photography was secondary.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back