Above the storm

Chiller

Mental case
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Snapped these on my plane trip back from Memphis to Toronto. We came across some pretty intense storms, and had to fly into some really amazing cloud formations. I did a bit of cropping to take the wing of the plane out, and trying to shoot out a 8" x 12" window was a challenge. The pics do can not match seeing this in person.
Now I know how Airic feels doing his air to air shots :D

139_3935a.JPG

139_3940a.JPG

139_3927a.JPG

wow chiller, awesome formations! i'm seeing all kinds of images in these....crows too! nice captures.

Those remind me of my trip to Colorado, it was my first time on a plane, but anyways I love the shots, especially the color in the last shot.

shheze..these are just awesome, chiller... i'm with jonmikal... i can pic out all kinds of things in these formations....they are just beautiful...i hope airic sees these...

they dont give the feeling of a small little window...looks like you were hanging out the window....(you didnt, did you?? ) could swear i feel the air whizzing by...

aprilraven said:
they dont give the feeling of a small little window...looks like you were hanging out the window....(you didnt, did you?? ) could swear i feel the air whizzing by...

are you on drugs by any chance?

Thanks for the comments.
Hey Aprilraven.. I took about 20 shots of these clouds, and 15 of them had a wing in it. I was 5 minutes away from asking if I could go sit out on the wing.
Reaper...the first shot looked better up there. It really did look like another planet. The sun was setting behind the clouds, and it really created a strange glow.

very nice, after spending a lot of time in an airplane I understand how the only thing to do is shoot out your little window... :lol:
I think I ran through about 2 rolls of film on one of my flights. When I get them developed I noticed that they were all almost the same... :blushing:

Chiller said:
trying to shoot out a 8" x 12" window was a challenge.

... and they're always too dirty to take pictures out of.
Great captures, i loved #1, you can literally see the storm brewing.

Thanks Littleman, Raymond and Miki.
MIki............I was lucky to have a fairly new plane for the trip back, and the windows were quite clean. My biggest problem was the sun in most of the pics created a lot of flares. This is where we flew out from the first storm and the sun caught me just as I snapped the shot.
139_3929a.JPG

..........and this is just before we flew into the second storm. Forgot to post this one.

139_3939a.JPG

Most reactions

New Topics

Back