What's new

Abstract- Water or Hellfire..C&C..

aliyawar

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Nov 15, 2012
Messages
349
Reaction score
65
Location
India
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here is another abstract from me..In this one I have tried to capture the dichotomy in this world which is most often produced by our own understanding....A simple veil of colors can transform the life-giving water into the lava from hell... I was trying to get this shot for a long time but couldn't get the exact shot until today...it is somehoh exactly how i thought it... here it is... :)

C&C please..:)


Hell-fire by AliYawar.M, on Flickr
 
Your concept is very much appreciated. Even water which is the basis of life could turn hell fire if used with a bad end.... I see Mother earth puffing out Her fire of anger!!!
 
Great concept! Care to talk about how you did this? Kind of looks like water with a slash of oil... which would be a more concrete dichotomy within your conceptual one :)
 
Nice shot dude! Good title too. I'm going with water on this one!
 
Your concept is very much appreciated. Even water which is the basis of life could turn hell fire if used with a bad end.... I see Mother earth puffing out Her fire of anger!!!

Thanks..the concept here is really good..but I think I could've done better than this...This was the only shot I got that was even half-equal to the shot I had in my mind ..I will try my hands at it one more time.. :):)
 
Great concept! Care to talk about how you did this? Kind of looks like water with a slash of oil... which would be a more concrete dichotomy within your conceptual one :)

Yes..I tried oil first but it didn't give me any good shot...then i used an old mug with greasing on its sides (it is not technically oil,is it??)and put it beneath a tap and turned the tap on ,on almost full speed...I shot this one in natural lighting..(it was an overcast foggy day)...I tried to use the flash but it didn't work..so I thought the whole postprocessing process in my head..and just took the shot in natural lighting with as much clarity as I could get without caring too much about the bright and dull areas.. then I heavily increased the saturation and contrast and played with curves and levels a bit..other than use a vibration filter 3 times on multiple levels with various blend modes.. then I added an orange colour filter over the image to give it the fiery look..shutter speed was 1/200...here is the original setup(actually it is just the original shot)without any post processing..I got these kind of splashes after trying for more than 1 hour.. I was just going for the right kind of splashes without bothering too much about anything else..the grease and dust helped me to create the feary mood I wanted to create..here it is...

$setup.webp
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom