What's new

Abstracts In the Fridge

Heh yeah...

I borrowed a macro lens from my uncle and I've been playing around with it.

I love not having to worry about minimum focusing distance. :)
 
Just a personal preference, but I'm not sure I agree that taking "out of focus" pictures necessarily makes them 'abstract'. It that's the case, I've been taking abstracts all my life.
 
What does it make them then?

I usually feel that abstract refers to line, form, and color more than anything.

If all of those OOF images you've taken have artistic elements then they are abstract.

Please define abstract for me so I know where you're coming from.

In my opinion, photos of peeling wallpaper and window blinds are not abstract.

And technically every OOF image is abstract anyways, just like every snapshot of a person is a portrait, but that doesn't make all photographs "good"
 
Last edited:
Interesting but not my kind of shots. Each to their own though :-)
 
What does it make them then?

I usually feel that abstract refers to line, form, and color more than anything.

Please define abstract for me so I know where you're coming from.

Since you ask, here's a link to my entry in the fight club for the keyword "abstract". (What can I say, I'm an engineer.) :mrgreen:

rlemert1572.jpg


Serious answer: I agree with your definition to an extent - abstract is line, form, and (maybe) color. However, I prefer my abstract to be more "natural" - i.e. patterns as they exist, and not as created by blurring what exists. Maybe my mind is too structured, but I like geometric patterns - tile patterns, patterns in a stack of boards, etc. Others may have more expansive views, but I can only speak for my tastes.

(For the non-technical among you, my 'abstract' is the abstract for a research paper I've published - i.e. a short summary of the paper that allows others to see if it's at all relevant to their research. I don't think 'abstract' when I'm under time pressure - and technically it fits the category. Rules are made to be interpreted, aren't they?)
 
I had to go out of town unexpectedly late last week, and though I'm back in my home city again, I haven't gotten to go to MY home yet, and probably won't until Friday.
By that time, almost EVERY thing in my refrigerator will be abstract. :biglaugh:

I think I'll just pay my son to clear it all out before I get home. Really don't want to think about some of those "abstracts" in there!
 
Nice. Love the use of colors and shapes. I'd love to see a vertical crop on #3 accentuating the curve and the color blocks.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom