Account deleted

Havemann

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Account deleted

Last edited:
.... wait for the 5D mk3 to come out, then the 5D mk2 should drop drastically in price...
I've never seen that to be true when a new model is released. At least not a "drastic" drop in price.

....I feel I am wasting my time on a crop beginners camera, but am I?
Only if the 500D is incapable of doing what you want it to do.

Don't confuse 500D capabilities with your own lack of understanding of how to effectively use the 500D, or skill in using it.

People often upgrade camera bodies in search of better image quality, to only be disappointed with virtually identical results with the new camera because the wetware is the issue, not the hardware.

Last edited:
I went from a T1i (500D) to a 5D1.

However, instead of the 600D, you could check out the 60D. $1,199 on Amazon. It handles more like a professional body and has an articulating LCD as well as a better movie mode. It also has 9 cross type focus points vs the single center cross type focus point on the T3i.

I'm not convinced any of the 3 models you mention would offer you appreciably better results than you currently get with your 500D. The 1D mk 2 is a pro body with more than double the fps of the 500D, but just over half the resolution (not quite so good for the large prints you say you do); there isn't really a significant enough difference between what you have and the 600D for me; and the only reason to go for a 5D is it's FF. Personally, i'd stick out for another 1Ds mk 2.

BUT...

I'm with KmH, it almost sounds like you're thinking that because you're using L series lenses somehow the 500D isn't good enough. The ONLY reason to upgrade bodies is if what you currently have isn't capable of delivering the results you want, not because you feel it may not be in the future, or because you haven't used it to it's maximum potential.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back