Account deleted

Havemann

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Account deleted

Last edited:
There is no way on earth i would swop what you have for the Sony NEX only time i would buy one of those is for holiday snaps

Well, Get a good camera backpack and the Canon should work good for travel.

Otherwise for compactness I'd go for Sony RX1, or RX100, or Fujifilm X100. Also consider pentax K-01 if you're looking a mirrorless!

Hi Havemann - I am a mirrorless shooter, and I have shot NEX. I don't think you will be disappointed with the quality, but I do think you'll be disappointed with the poor NEX lens selection. Why not spend a little less money and get a $463 Canon EOS-M body and $199 EF lens adapter? You can use it with any of the small EOS-M lenses, or the wide range of EF and EF-S lenses - with full autofocus, auto iris and image stabilization.

Here is what the camera can do: Flickr: The Canon EOS M - Mirrorless Pool

And here is its size, relative to the 1DX (couldn't find a direct comparison with the 1DS, but you get the idea :) ): Compare camera dimensions side by side

Hope this is helpful,

Bill

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Thanks a lot for the help, it looks to me like I will be investing my money in a Canon M - thanks to you Bill! ;)

I must say, I have had my concerns switching to a compact system, but with the Canon M in question, I will be able to keep my 1Ds body and lenses, and use the M as a backup, and travel body!

I've got a decent backpack - the Lowepro Fastpack 350 which I'm happy with, but the weight is still a problem, with the Canon M that wouldn't be a problem any more...

Thanks to you all helping! :hail:

Are you keeping the 1Dsmk2 for weddings ?

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back