Ad in Playbill?

The middle shot looks like he's eating her face. You should hire a professional graphic artist to design the ad for you.

1) A professional graphic artist wouldn't have anything to do with the photo, as I am the one that took the photo. And 2) I would, but I don't have the time for that, we're on a tight deadline.

If no one else wants to offer constructive suggestions, I'll just send in what I think works best. Thanks yall.

Ever consider he's suggesting the same thing a designer would suggest?

1. Personally, I don't care for the image either.
2. How long does it take you to choose and insert another image?

It looks like it was designed in PowerPoint. The centered text feels amateurish. The use of Avenir entirely in caps is not conducive to quick reading in a nation known for illiteracy.

The middle image is not a good image. The left image isn't strong but it isn't semi-horrifying.

A graphic designer will help you find images that are strong rather than images you're emotionally attached to.

You aren't a bad photographer and you have far stronger images on your site. Hire a professional to show case that. If you don't have time to hire a professional, at least pay a design student to clean it up for you.

The middle shot looks like he's eating her face. You should hire a professional graphic artist to design the ad for you.

1) A professional graphic artist wouldn't have anything to do with the photo, as I am the one that took the photo. And 2) I would, but I don't have the time for that, we're on a tight deadline.

If no one else wants to offer constructive suggestions, I'll just send in what I think works best. Thanks yall.

I'm talking about the people who are photoshopping dinosaurs and whatever on the image.

I'm talking about the people who are photoshopping dinosaurs and whatever on the image.

No, those are photo retouchers.
Fine...leave it as it is.
Not my circus, not my monkey.

Here's another version...

DaryllMorganPhotography3.jpg

Agree about the first photo that was in the middle spot and honestly don't like this one much more. Personally, I think the majority of kiss photos are awkward looking. Maybe try a different bridal pose if you want to showcase your wedding work?

My opinion only: The kiss photo, I agree, is totally awkward. Perhaps a more 'formal' bridge and groom portrait.

That would be me then.

I am offering an alternative set of criteria for what is normally accepted as a good ad. The whole point of the ad is to get it noticed and get people interested enough to e-mail or phone. Noticing the image can be done in many ways and the main ways are to make it irregular, not normal, different or obvious. I just demonstrated 2 ways of achieving this.

No disrespect was intended.

Most reactions

Back