ADOBE KILLING MY INTERNET

SnappingShark

Always learning.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
OMG This is so frustrating.

I open Adobe CC and click update for the latest update to lightroom classic CC.
3% and suddenly internet goes down, modem and wifi router require double restarts.

I've seen that there are some people who have this issue through Google searches, but as of this second, I cannot connect to adobe help pages (probably their forums are down).

Anybody else experience this?

I checked my hosts file in c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc or wherever it is and there's absolutely nothing in there - so nothing is leading it astray!

Help. Want to update, but can't!

Such a benefit, and for only $10 a month.

Such joy! Updates, occasionally! Sooo much better than buying software and having it just work.

I use stand-alone software, at the moment Photoshop Elements 18.

Never had this issue - had internet restart and go down but its normally other things or just the router being a pain and I've had that happen when downloading steam games and other software. Heck the internet/modem can restart from its own updates and glitches all the time and often as not we don't notice it as its only a few moments when loading a webpage. You notice it more when downloading software or updates because it can mess up the download or slow things up.

Another thing I've noticed is that routers sometimes dislike lots of downloads all at once; so if you're phone is getting an update and someone else is downloading a movie and your tablet also wants an update that can drop your signal to your pc (or any one of the other devices).

I haven't had any connection issues that I could attribute to Adobe CC. I get occasional temporary service disconnects (cable / internet provider) but I was been getting them well before I went to CC.

If you have a smart phone with "hot spot" capability, maybe try using that for one download and see what happens.

I have never had this issue with any of the Adobe updates. One problem I have had is when I installed LR mobile on my tablet PC and Tablet were always trying to sync which caused a huge slowdown. If you shut down either during the process it caused errors which would multiply and cause hangs. Finally did away with mobile and the synching. Another problem that I had crop up was Google Synching I'd been away for a few days and when I got back internet went to a crawl as it tried to bring everything up to speed.

Assuming you have a virus checker up-to-date as that can also cause problems. Finally modems and routers go bad. My ATT modem/router has been replaced about once a year. Not sure why, maybe electrical damage from lightning in the area.

So I figured this out, and as per usual it was USER ERROR!

I was connected to a VPN which was blocking the adobe update.

Not sure WHY it was killing my whole household internet though from the router level, but disconnecting from the VPN allowed me to update without issue.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back