Adult siblings session for parents' Christmas gift

ash12783

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
We did a very quick session because part of the group had to hurry and get on the road home to Houston- I think they turned out pretty good. I know they could have been better but I'm pretty happy with them being that we did them so fast. Your comments are welcomed and appreciated :)
The first one is my favorite of the whole session... the 2nd one cracks me up because Jessica looks incredibly short compared to her brothers (she's about 5'5") because she's up 2 steps and wearing heels. I like the 3rd one but I wish the brother in white had his foot down :(

Attachments

• $IMG_0364a web.jpg
    $IMG_0364a web.jpg
    414.3 KB · Views: 163
  • $IMG_0367a web.jpg
    $IMG_0367a web.jpg
    434.1 KB · Views: 172
  • $IMG_0387a web.jpg
    $IMG_0387a web.jpg
    354.7 KB · Views: 151
The first two look good to me! I am not a huge fan of the third one, only because it is a non-flattering angle for the guy on the left and the girl. The guy on the left look like he is stretching his legs open and showing us the goods. Also where the seam of his pants is, it looks like a hole (even though I am sure it's not). No questions as to how I noticed that - maybe I was looking too closely at the crotch. Just don't tell my wife! In regards to the girl, I know we can't see anything but it is a shot that is straight on to her crotch, which isn't too flattering.

^^ what he said about the crotch situation in #3..

And I like 1 best, followed closely by 2. I get that she looks super short, but I think its funny, in a good way, and it works!

I agree about everything in #3 :) I just didn't think her situation was too terrible because you can't see anything (well you could SOOC but I blacked it out lol) plus she liked that one because she said her waist looks really small lol. I wish we would have had more time to focus on this shoot but I'm good with it :) I think her parents will really like them bc they've never really had anything other than Olan Mills pics growing up.

I'm no portrait photographer--I'd much rather chase birds and insects or do an abstract than have to photograph an actual person. :lol: So take my C&C for what it's worth, which isn't much.

The wb seems a bit off to me, if that one guy's shirt is white. BUT, I have vision problems AND I'm not viewing these on a calibrated monitor, so I could be completely wrong there.

Be mindful of backgrounds. In the first one, the guy on the right has a pole coming out of his head. In the second, there are things poking up out of everyone's heads--stair rails, plants, poles. Even in the third photo, because she is placed right at the intersection of the two doors behind them, there is a straight line that comes straight up out of her head. Fortunately, it's not all that distracting, because we're too busy staring at the crotch of the guy on the left. :lmao:

#2 is the winner. If you would have stepped maybe two steps to the right, you would have eliminated the background on the right, and that car and pole in the background...you know, the way you did on shot #1...

#3...yeah...her waist looks small, and you blacked out the upskirt...but the brother on the left looks BAD....

Shot #1 has oddly-distorted size relationships, with the closest person, the brother on the right, appearing oddly large in comparison to the other two siblings.

Shot #2 is, IMHO, the clear best-in-class. I might try and see what the shot looks like with a vignette to tone down that upper right-hand corner, and maybe clone out that pole-arm and the small sign and its signpost. Winner!

ash12783; I've seen way too many portraits wherein the photographer has asked a woman wearing a short skirt to sit for the camera. I don't know why, and I also don't know why the subject doesn't automatically object.

#2 is your shot.

Too bad about the background clutter on the right.

Thank you all for all of your input :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back