Advice for the first time out.

ga_shooter

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I am shooting an abadonded house for the Georgia Preservation Society tomorrow and I have a couple of questions. First, when I bought my camera i also purchased a kingston 2GB card, and it keeps locking up. I am going to buy another 1GB card tomorrow morning before the shoot, are there any differences in card quality and if so which should i get?

Also, i am using the shots for my ezine insidegeorgiahomes.com and there will be a story to go with it with links back to the historical society's site. I know i own the images, but how does it work with houses? Do i need them to sign something that says i can publish the pictures? Or do you only need release forms for people? The site isn't launching for a couple of months so i have some time if i need additional paperwork in order to proceed.

Thanks!

Buy two cards and don't open the second one. That way, if the first one is bad, you can open up the second one and use it. If the first one is good, you can always return the unopened second one.

Always get them to sign a contract detailing out who owns what no matter what you're shooting. Houses, cars, people, slugs, whatever.

Marian

Buy two cards and don't open the second one. That way, if the first one is bad, you can open up the second one and use it. If the first one is good, you can always return the unopened second one.

Always get them to sign a contract detailing out who owns what no matter what you're shooting. Houses, cars, people, slugs, whatever.

Marian

Thanks, good advice. I'll put a contract together tonight. I am assuming that a contract can be very standard?

cards have speed. usally focused on more towards the photosists using raw image files.. helps speed up the process. other then that. nothing to worry about. many cards are 3x's speed. besides the memory size.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back