Starting out small.

ilockert

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I don't feel i'm anywhere close to being a professional, but here lately i've been asked by several people to do automotive photography for them from just basic car/truck/bike shoots to meeting them at the track. I put together some prices for the standard shoot haven't got any together for track days.I wanted some instie as to if my prices were high low or pretty good.

Standard:
10-15 high res images your choice
Light to no editing
On CD
I choose location
$25.00

Better:
25-30 High res images your choice
More detail editing
On CD
I choose location
$35.00

Best:
35-40 high res images
the full work up
on CD
I choose location
$45.00

Im also offering prints and a few extra stuff which will be based on the prices i pay ill add 3$ to that.
Im not trying to make a lot of money off doing this just tired of doing it for free and its going to help fund the d300 and some new glass funds.
Thanks for any and all input.

wow. I agree....WAY too low:confused:. lol I am quite new to the world of photography. Soooo many people yell at me cuz my prices are way too low. I charge $85 per for the first hour - and $15 after that - I give them a proofbook too look at and then they purchase the photos from me. Which are quite low also..lol. My prices will slowly increase as time goes on and new techniques are learned.
Maybe you ought to thinkin about an hourly rate - or rates by half-hour incriments. This way your clients wont feel 'uneasy' about the thought of you coming to a hault when their # of prepaid photos are up. IDK....just something to think about :blushing:

|Brock|

People will take you more seriously if you charge more, and you'll also get more serious customers who REALLY want you there.

Wow, all things considered your rates are almost free. I understand your motives and goals but you are extremely low priced for what you are doing.

my rates were never quite that low but i did take the advice of some people here on the forum and raised my prices. once i did, i got more clients. the more you charge, the more jobs you get. weird.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back