What's new

Advice needed please!

cphanh

TPF Noob!
Joined
May 20, 2009
Messages
28
Reaction score
0
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I am in a bind... i really want to get the new Nikon D3s at the same time I also want the Nikon 24-70mm f2.8 lens. Should I wait for the Nikon D3s and get the lens for now? Or get the camera and the lens later? I only have enough funds to cover only one.:grumpy:
 
Get the lens now and the camera later then at least you will be able to use the lens. I could be wrong but I'd be willing to bet the the lens price will not go down in the next year while the camera price will. I guess the only downfall to my logic is the D90 prices are dropping so if you were looking to sell that you might get hurt a little.
 
Thank you for your response. I was thinking about the same thing too. Get the lens and the camera later. Since the price of that lens hardly ever go down in price. Heck...I just need some second opinion.
 
Normally the rule is:

Lens > Body.

In your case you have plenty of lenses, I say go for the 24-70. But its up to you.
 
I'm just repeating what others have said but...

I'd go for the lens.
The lens will hold its value. By the time you can afford the body, you'll be able to get a better body for the same money (or get the D3s a little cheaper).

*Unless* there's a specific restriction in your current body you're desperate to overcome.
 
Thank you for all your advice. I took it and got me the lens. I absolutely LOVE it!:D
 
I think you made the right choice because if you were really in the market for a D3s I'd hate to think you'd need to come to an Internet forum for advice on whether or not to get one.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom